Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Smart Shape Programmers: Request! :)

I know a tad bit of javascript, but honestly, I'm not exactly an elegant programmer. I know my limitations so I propose a request to anyone wanting to try the API out and has no idea what to try...I propose this awesomely useful 'Perspective Box' tool from Inkscape. It's different from 3D effect in Xara in that it's constructed of simple quadralaterals with movable vanishing points. There's no realtime shading or much in the way of options, but the nice thing is that you can draw a LOT of boxes with the same vanishing points and it's very useful to set up a scene or quickly sketch out the form of an object you are drawing.

http://en.flossmanuals.net/inkscape/ch011_3d-box-tool/

If there's something that works like this already, I'm not aware of it...but if not, I'd like to again suggest for coders with an itch to try the API and no ideas to try, I think this one would be pretty useful.

Default Re: Smart Shape Programmers: Request! :)

Quote Originally Posted by hseiken View Post
    If there's something that works like this already, I'm not aware of it...but if not, I'd like to again suggest for coders with an itch to try the API and no ideas to try, I think this one would be pretty useful.
    This does not have the flexibility of setting up multiple boxes but in XDPX you can clone and scale two faces and blend between them to a high number. You can Ctrl+Select the Destination shape and Tab key to the Source shape and move them to extend and reshape the box. With Position and Attribute Profiles and line colour and size, you can twist, roll and shape some great 3D shapes.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Smart Shape Programmers: Request! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    This does not have the flexibility of setting up multiple boxes but in XDPX you can clone and scale two faces and blend between them to a high number. You can Ctrl+Select the Destination shape and Tab key to the Source shape and move them to extend and reshape the box. With Position and Attribute Profiles and line colour and size, you can twist, roll and shape some great 3D shapes.

Acorn

Can you demo this?

I do scretch and skew, but in terms of maybe working with fixed position vanishing points?