Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Creating Nav Bars

Has anyone else come across this?
    If you want to create your own button, then create a navigation bar i.e. Arrange > Create Navigation Bar, your button HAS to contain text in the group.
    If you want a graphic as a button, without text, you can't create a navigation bar. The only work around seems to be to put some random text in your button design, and hide it by making it the same colour. Why is this? You ma,y for example want the text to reveal on the mouse over layer. Surely there must be times where people want navbars without text?
    By the way, I'm using Designer Pro 11.

Chris

Default Re: Creating Nav Bars

Quote Originally Posted by steelypan View Post
    Has anyone else come across this?
    If you want to create your own button, then create a navigation bar i.e. Arrange > Create Navigation Bar, your button HAS to contain text in the group.
    If you want a graphic as a button, without text, you can't create a navigation bar. The only work around seems to be to put some random text in your button design, and hide it by making it the same colour. Why is this? You ma,y for example want the text to reveal on the mouse over layer. Surely there must be times where people want navbars without text?
    By the way, I'm using Designer Pro 11.

Chris
    Chris, I simply add a space.

I think the NavBar concept grew from Xara's Menu Maker, which preceded CSS-only NavBars by quite a time.
    I prefer to use CSS for my designs but I see where Xara is coming from in this approach.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Creating Nav Bars

It takes a little extra effort but you can create your own buttons and drop down menus http://gwpriester.com/menu-test/

IMHO this is more challenging and fun as well.