Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Publishing issues

Hello,

This may turn out long, but bare with me.

When I'm logged on as administrator, I get error messages when I try to preview the website or publish the website. (Unable to find the filter to import that file with)
    I did all the run-arounds that Xara offered me to no avail.

When I'm logged on as guest, I can preview the website and pretend to publish the website.
    I say Pretend, because it goes through the motions, says the website is published, but when you go on the interwebs, the changes haven't been made.

I'm at my wits end as to what the problem is...why can I do these things on my guest user account, but not on the administrator account??

Why isn't it publishing my changes?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Default Re: Publishing issues

Can't help you re Administrator/Guest issue. Re the publishing Try viewing the site and press Ctrl+F5. Does the new content show? The only other reason it doesn't appear to have published is that you are publishing in the wrong location. Check your path to the folder where your site is.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

[should be bear with me, not bare with me]

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    [should be bear with me, not bare with me]
    Real helpful.

Real helpful.
    My apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by carpetstore View Post
    Hello,

This may turn out long, but bare with me.

When I'm logged on as administrator, I get error messages when I try to preview the website or publish the website. (Unable to find the filter to import that file with)
    I did all the run-arounds that Xara offered me to no avail.

When I'm logged on as guest, I can preview the website and pretend to publish the website.
    I say Pretend, because it goes through the motions, says the website is published, but when you go on the interwebs, the changes haven't been made.

I'm at my wits end as to what the problem is...why can I do these things on my guest user account, but not on the administrator account??

Why isn't it publishing my changes?

Any help would be most appreciated.
    Logged on where to either your admin or guest accounts? A Xara application only needs to be running under Windows to publish. A published site should be viewable by anyone.

You need to describe which application or system you are using at each step for this to make sense to us. I have put all the bits that are ambiguous to me in bold.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat