Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Default Re: Anyone have Windows 10 yet

I've used edge for a few days and I say can that it is fast,
    I must have been very tired - I can say.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

after using win10 for a few days, I like it - it smoother and stable as an OS

privacy issues I can deal with; using a third party firewall, and just saying no to cortana and co

the edge browser is fast, but it's not customisable [yet] in the meaningful sense - it does not have a click and play for plugins [unless I missed it]; no add-ons; it seems very much a browser for those who are prepared to accept everything the website presents [legitimately] right down to inane-audio ads and videos that play automatically

I'll not be using it much as a result if at all, for now; - the other browsers are not really that much slower [if you have 'em set right]...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I think Microsoft does not love me.
    Gary, you will be stuck with failed Upgrades forever, based on what I've had on three systems so far.

Open Windows Update and select its History and double click on the latest "fail" to get the Error code.

Type this code into a Search Engine and review options, other than those from MS.

I basically found the advice was to purge all Windows software downloads and run a CMD as Admin to kick it all off again.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn. I see that Windows 10 has failed to install and I take this very personally.

Hate to tell ya but my laptop updated without a hitch.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Thanks Acorn. I see that Windows 10 has failed to install and I take this very personally.
    I feel for ya Gary!
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

I just install it. Hope for a betteruuser experience.

So yesterday, I finally installed the free version of Win 10 upgrade from Win 7, however, for some reason, Win 10 couldn't identify my monitor and used a generic monitor driver. I then downloaded and installed the most recent version of my monitor driver for a Win 10 update, however Win 10 still didn't recognize it. I have a flat screen HP Pavillion 20xi monitor (which is wider than normal monitors) with an expected resolution of 1500 x 900. Win 10 forced the screen image to stretch to fit the width, which makes the pixel aspect ratio wrong - a square appeared as a rectangle, and the only resolution available was "something" x 768 (I don't recall). I tried multiple means of loading the proper drivers, but the Windows setting menu didn't give me options to change the settings (resolution setting was gray). Then I called Microsoft Tech support, got an Indian woman on the phone who could not understand my problem nor provide any kind of fix. So after 6 hours of use, I uninstalled Win 10 and returned to Win 7.

Until I can be sure that Win 10 can properly recognize my monitor and driver, I don't want to upgrade. With the wrong pixel aspect ratio, it is problematic to create graphics, and I certainly don't want that. I'm sure Win 10 is better in other ways, but because I was having so many problems relating to my monitor, I am very dissatisfied and reluctant to move forward with Win 10.

Question: I am using Win 7 with Xara Designer Pro X if I up grade to Win 10 while leaving my Designer Pro on the computer will it work after the upgrade of Win 10? I read some place that Designer Pro had to be deactivated, or maybe removed and reinstalled or something to that effect. If so, how do I deactivate Designer Pro? Thank you for any help, I just use my Xara products for a fun part of life. Not any big important situation at present.

Quote Originally Posted by Choctaw View Post
    If so, how do I deactivate Designer Pro?
    Go to Help/Deactivate Program