Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Default Re: Wish List for V12

Acorn in post #50 when you asked for a template that could be printed for all shortcuts do we not get that with the PDF's on the disc when you receive your order through the post? I think it was with versions 4,5 and 6 when we received a printed tent card version of shortcuts and when I bought P & G D 2013 it had a version in the PDF's. I still refer occasionally to one of the tent cards from version 6 which sits on top of a sub woofer.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

Digitalphaser in post #50 you talk about your frustrations about using Xara when the it's not not colour managed. That's why both Mike and myself use a limited colour palette in this area, as we know it can be a pain, so that we can be sure of the output. Like you say it doesn't half make the design process extra work. We both use Acro Pro as out reference programme so I pop in and out of this programme as my colour checker as well as a printed sheet with limited colour palette much as you would a Pantone book.
    Yes with Adobe creaming away with PDF X-4 with extension 5 were're stuck with PDF X-3 so if you load something into Illy you get an error message about unknown colour or transparenncies
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    Digitalphaser in post #50 you talk about your frustrations about using Xara when the it's not not colour managed. That's why both Mike and myself use a limited colour palette in this area, as we know it can be a pain, so that we can be sure of the output. Like you say it doesn't half make the design process extra work. We both use Acro Pro as out reference programme so I pop in and out of this programme as my colour checker as well as a printed sheet with limited colour palette much as you would a Pantone book.
    If I speak about such things as color management, then of course I have an submission of what is Acrobat Pro. Of course I use preflight too. But this is the final stage of the prepress. I'm talking about something else.

I would like to see a color that is close to the final version. If instead of rich brown I see a unindefinitely dark spot. How can I create shades of this color or the right color scheme? I mean it.

I do not want to rely on intuition. I want to see, more or less precisely, what I do.

XaraXreme’s users, who I knew, were in the main icons illustrators, game-, web-designers etc. Ie they worked mostly with RGB model.
    Everything changed when XX became XD PRO. Xara presents itself as a professional document creator and publisher.

I'm not disappointed Xara. Simply it would be nice to get some professional hickeys. Basegride line and color management would be a good addition to what Xara already has.
    Enough to jump between AI and PS. Xara has the potential to become one of the best programs in the PRO class. The main thing not to be late.
    IP

The ability to save customised workspaces (without having to resort to making registry changes).
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    Acorn in post #50 when you asked for a template that could be printed for all shortcuts do we not get that with the PDF's on the disc when you receive your order through the post? I think it was with versions 4,5 and 6 when we received a printed tent card version of shortcuts and when I bought P & G D 2013 it had a version in the PDF's. I still refer occasionally to one of the tent cards from version 6 which sits on top of a sub woofer.
    I move around. Also having several versions on the go and me not being tidy doesn't help. It makes sense for Xara to showcase their wares' strengths at every opportunity.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

A stable light UI.
    IP

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Thanks everyone some great ideas so far!

@ Allison: I'm going to put a question in the survey about an adjustable UI so instead of either Dark or Light users would be able to adjust the UI to suit their needs and perhaps to be able to save settings in an easily installable file so you could keep a back up in case of needing to re install or if upgrading etc. perhaps they could even be shared on the forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.
    IP

Fillet/Chamfer

Kinda like the Curved Corners on the Quickshape Tool.

But able to apply to any selected Point
    IP

I've not got the time to read thru the entire thread ATM, so hopefully I'm not repeating anyone...

A small thing that I've found annoyingly absent:

- The ability to L-Click, then SHIFT + L-Click > resulting in a straight line between the two points. I primarily think of this with the paintbrush and eraser tools in PS. It's so incredibly useful and fast, it keeps me having to use PS for these types of edits.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by edm3 View Post
    ... a straight line between the two points...
    Try holding Alt key.
    ~Fred
    IP