Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Change colour of a section in an image.

P&GD 2013 was I believe version 8. It didn't have region tools (although it did have a mask tool).

Use the Mask and then the rectangle tool to draw boxes over the areas you want to change. You can then use the Enhance Photo's > Set Photo Hue > Hue and Saturation, as Steve said above ....

So it can be done ... if I can do it, anyone can. My screen shot (although virtually the same as Steve's - Sorry Steve!) was done in P&GD 2013.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015.04.30_21h27m25s_004.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	107342  
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Thanks for the great feedback. I am planning on upgrading the software but will also have a try with my PGD2013 and let you know of the progress.

I bought the version 10 today.
    I have just tried change the colours by :
    (i) selecting the Rectangle Region tool
    (ii) drawing around the logo and the button
    (iii) selecting Enhance photos
    (iv) going to horizontal toolbar above image and "select colours to enhance"
    (v) Set photo hue
    Not exactly sure this is the correct procedure to follow although it seems to have worked.
    But if I then decide I want to do the same to another region of the image how can I be sure that I have the same new ue/colour as I can't see any way of specifically identifying the colour that has been set?
    Last edited by AndyD; 01 May 2015 at 08:34 PM.

You did exactly right Andy as you posted in #13 What you should have done to match the colour or add a new one is- if you export the image or not, when you close Xara it will ask you if you want to save your changes, click save and Xara will save the file as a xara.jpg file in a Masters Folder. If you open this file and Ctrl+click on any area you have changed, the marching ants show up the area and it will show the exact colour setting you used when you click on set photo hue so you match exactly another area with the same setting you want. You can do this over and over again as long as you save your changes, Xara will update the file in the Masters Folder. If you export the image, remember still to save your changes when Xara asks you. Sorry to be so long winded but one last point, you can also use set saturation and colour temp. As you can see in the images, I used blue and green first time round and then using the xar.jpg changed the blue to red.

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Using the xar.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	107370   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	change.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	107369  

you can doing this easily by using selecting tools that process name is clipping path select process by using the selection or pentool you will select that required place and make the change on the color.

Quote Originally Posted by Enamul hoq View Post
    you can doing this easily by using selecting tools that process name is clipping path select process by using the selection or pentool you will select that required place and make the change on the color.
    @Enamul: Please show us a screenshot of your suggestion done using Xara Designer software.

Yes please Enamul a screenshot as I have no idea of what your talking about. AndyD wanted to make the same colours exact and have a record of his changes so he could modify if needed and the only way I know is by saving your work, albeit a Png or Jpg is to save it as a xar.file and the changes will be there all editable. Are you talking about XP&D10 or PhotoShop?

Stygg
    Last edited by stygg2003; 02 May 2015 at 01:06 PM.

Enamul has no Xara software according to his profile.
    None of his posts have made much sense, unless you view them as sandwich filling while he waits for PM privileges..

Enamul - This forum is for asking questions and getting help with Xara products. If you are not familiar with Xara products visit www.xara.com. Xara makes very excellent products and it is good that you know about this. Your Photoshop answers are not how we do things in Xara.