Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Image Missing on Some Sites

I published a site using Web Designer 10 Premium. I believe I modified one of the templates, don't recall which one. I've had some clients say that the image on the home page does not show. I've confirmed this opening the page on my Surface Pro 8.1, however on my desktop which is also running 8.1 the image displays, any ideas on what could be the problem? Other images on the site seem to display fine.

http://www.delgadowatercolor.com/

Default Re: Image Missing on Some Sites

The orchids show fine in Firefox. Not sure about Surface Pro as I do not own one of those.
    If you do not get a good answer here, post a support ticket with Xara at http://support.xara.com though I doubt they will get to it until after the New Year.

While the main orchids photo shows (http://www.delgadowatercolor.com/ind...files/1344.jpg) the smaller image behind the text block (http://www.delgadowatercolor.com/ind...files/1342.png) does not exist on the server.
    Try publishing again?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-12-28_125242.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	105428  

I am having trouble re-publishing, I changed some text on the index page so I could verify if the site republished.
    This site is hosted by Yahoo and uses ftps, last time time I tried to use Xara to update the site Xara did not support ftps, is this still the case? I tried using Xara and get an error "Timeout reached". When I use Filezilla to upload the site, I noticed the index page created by Xara is not updated with my text changes, the modify date is still 7/26/2013 not today's date.

Does Xara always create the .htm files and index_htm_files folder for the .web file? I noticed on another site that I uploaded directly with Xara, and I assume does not use ftps, I don't see and any .htm files for the .web file.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by laguna92651 View Post
    last time time I tried to use Xara to update the site Xara did not support ftps, is this still the case? I tried using Xara and get an error "Timeout reached". When I use Filezilla to upload the site, I noticed the index page created by Xara is not updated with my text changes, the modify date is still 7/26/2013 not today's date.
    No to SFTP/FTPS
    Using Filezilla is always the way to go imho, if changes are not showing, refresh your browser or try another browser ideally one you haven't used before to visit the page.
    Quote Originally Posted by laguna92651 View Post
    Does Xara always create the .htm files and index_htm_files folder for the .web file?
    When exported/published = Yes.

Thanks Steve, I re-published the site, once I got pass my forgetfulness, things seem to be okay. Not quite sure what the problem was. There shouldn't even have been a (http://www.delgadowatercolor.com/ind...files/1342.png) image behind the text, is that image the shading for the text block? Even if there should have been an image, why would that cause the main image, 1344.png, not to show? How did you find that 1342.png wasn't on the server?

is that image the shading for the text block?
    Yes...

1342.png
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1342.png 
Views:	100 
Size:	533 Bytes 
ID:	105435

Even if there should have been an image, why would that cause the main image, 1344.png, not to show?
    1344.png isn't even in the HTML source, the main picture is 1344.jpg, and it shows fine as already mentioned by Mr Priester and myself

1344.jpg
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1344.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	127.7 KB 
ID:	105436

How did you find that 1342.png wasn't on the server?
    404 = Image not found
    Imagine not found = Image not in the expected path.
    Expected path is /index_htm_files/
    IOW: Image not on sever.

Thanks, I meant 1344.jpg. Why would it now show if 1342.png was not on server?

Why would it now show if 1342.png was not on server?
    Again, as mentioned in posts #2 and #3, it did show and is completely unconnected to 1342.png not being found.
    That it didn't show for you is due to some other reason (browser caching most likely), but it did show for Gary and I who had never been to your site before..

Xara probably made the decision to export as JPEG instead of PNG. The difference in file size is huge and the noticeable difference in quality is negligible.

I fondly remember going to the Laguna Arts Festival when I was younger. I grew up in Los Angeles and we went down there (and Coronado) often.

Your image is quite lovely.