But there's a growing need for a Xara-like tool that can output interactive SVG-based web content - with proper vector-shaped (e.g. not just rectangular) hotspot zones that trigger actions/popup layers/sounds/etc - using the increased functionality present in HTML5.

Seems bizarre that Xara is at it's core a vector-based package, yet cannot adequately support SVG output within HTML5 when all of the popular modern web browsers can render this quite comfortably. This seems like a major disconnect between Xara's own capabilities and emerging opportunities to carve out a valuable and unique solution that would instantly appeal to a wide section of Xara's customer-base.

As a designer, I don't want to have to draw in one package, then write code (e.g. using something like Adobe 'SNAP') to make it interactive, then possibly another package to produce the finished web page. Instead, I continue to hope that Xara will seize the opportunities that are out there today - to excel again and not become a dumbed-down competitor for the 'Serif WebPlus' type of user (Serif products have their place - and it shouldn't be Xara's aspiration to emulate Serif's approach).

I will download the trial, if only to see if the pop-up layers issues (e.g. locking layers) have been progressed as hinted at by Rob in Xara support.

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
Come on folks there is no need to feel hurt. Just look at the threads here when you hit What's New most days, 2/3 are web questions. Now if you were a small software company what would you do, pander to a small but loyal group of sketchers or keep the people who are buying your software?