Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Default Re: x9 - no new drawing tools

You do not have to use a 64 bit version if you're using a 64 bit OS, the 32 bit version will work just as well (except for access to the 64 bit memory address space).

The 64 bit version is no faster, that's not what 64 bit programs mean. What it does mean is that it has access to the full memory address space that 32 bit programs do not have access to, which means that Windows will allow the program to use more memory to complete memory intensive operations (such as exporting exceptionally large websites) that are limited to around 3.5GB for 32 bit programs.

Yes you can still use Ctrl + Shift + Alt + S to switch the UI to the light grey interface.

You do not need to export your website any longer when publishing from Designer, the publish operation has been streamlined so it just publishes the document without needing to ask you where to export first.

Quote Originally Posted by zaphodeist View Post
    You can have 32bit and 64bit on your computer with the same license key. EC4000 and a lot of other PS compatible plug-ins work in 32bit XDP9 as in previous versions.

There is a workaround for bitmaps in 64bit though:

Courtesy of Sledger http://board.xara-users.info/viewtop...p=39289#p39289
    Steve, John thanks for that. I was not aware that the PS CS2 is free actually

Hello Pete. Any chance for a fix for the always changing gallery width issue?

The CS2 products are not free. While adobe let too much water under the bridge, the intention was to allow anyone with CS2 or earlier to be able to install the CS2 product. One was suppose to actually have a license for the CS2 or earlier product.

But they messed up the whole thing and it went viral within hours.

Thanks Pete. That's all a great help.

Actually, looking at the what's new page it would seem that there are a few new features I could make use of, and the lack of export on the web stuff is also very much needed too.

Quote Originally Posted by zaphodeist View Post
    You can have 32bit and 64bit on your computer with the same license key. EC4000 and a lot of other PS compatible plug-ins work in 32bit XDP9 as in previous versions.

There is a workaround for bitmaps in 64bit though:

f you have any bitmap editor that can use Adobe type plugins, set that up as your bitmap editor in DPX9 64bit.
    In this way you can apply a plugin effect to a bitmap in DPX9 64bit from Utilities>>Bitmap Editor, which will open your set Bitmap Editor where you can apply the effect and save. The bitmap will then update in DPX9 64bit complete with the effect!

If you don't have 32bit Photoshop installed or another bitmap editor that can use Adobe plugins, there are several freeware programs available that can.
    Or you can install PhotoShop CS2 for free from Adobe.
    Courtesy of Sledger http://board.xara-users.info/viewtop...p=39289#p39289
    if you follow the link to xara-users given you see sledger give a link for for 'photoshop cs2 free from adobe' - this link is actually to snapfiles and clearly stated there is:

From Adobe: The serial number below should only be used by customers who legitimately purchased CS2 and need to maintain their current use of these products.

now whilst it may be technically 'free' it is totally wrong of xara users to visit this forum and give the impression that anyone can download and use this program for free

both john and steve should know better [ they can do what they like on XU I guess, but even so they should still know better..]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

PSP could be used too. A number of programs could be used. The main point was the 64bit workaround Steve

it is totally wrong of xara users to visit this forum and give the impression that anyone can download and use this program for free
    That was not, as you must be aware, the reason I "visited" this forum.

How about the issue I posted about? If you don't like the idea fine. If you do like the idea even finer.

I posted hoping to help people, to suggest otherwise is odd. You should know better Steve.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Hello Pete. Any chance for a fix for the always changing gallery width issue?
    Not sure if this addresses your issue, but have you tried pulling the tabs down to the bottom of the gallery pane? Pin your galleries out and then drag each tab to the bottom. The overall window then stays the same width and I personally think it's a lot easier working with the galleries. It is especially nice if you're using a dual monitor setup.

First of all, sorry for the bad English.

Im a hungarian freelance graphic designer Xara products in use for many years (Xtreme X, Designer).
    Unfortunately, I've noticed with the new product is that Xara does not give sufficient emphasis to the fact that he got to like being.
    It is true that the new version still shows up in a lot of new features, but the novelty of these, only a small part of really useful for professional graphic design, vector work, other printing methods.

The new version also includes a number of useful new features, such as multi-weight fonts, easy color change, columns, etc..

But, now why I wrote here, is because many people celebrate the 64-bit version, but this is not enough, and that's why I'm disappointed the most.
    I often drawing and editing giant size printing works, so in January I bought an expensive machine with brutal video card, 16GB RAM, etc, but the program still can not export more than 16000px 300dpi resolution files.

What I miss in the program, it is not possible to simple export CMYK jpg or png file, Greyscale file, not a rectangle rounded corners one by one, are not always accurate "snap", etc.
    There are many useful features and easier to work with the program, but it could have been a lot of recent development is for programmers.

Maybe the company should look into the opinion of the users, I've read a lot of requests, but what has been achieved, it is not too much.
    The long Xara Designer is an innovative and professional software for graphic designers and was always renewed.
    Now it seems to me that moving towards a hobby and amateur drawing / photo program.

I hope you are not angry because in my honest opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by zumwalt View Post
    Not sure if this addresses your issue, but have you tried pulling the tabs down to the bottom of the gallery pane? Pin your galleries out and then drag each tab to the bottom. The overall window then stays the same width and I personally think it's a lot easier working with the galleries. It is especially nice if you're using a dual monitor setup.
    Yep, tried it and didn't like them at the bottom. Fact is, it worked as it should before version 8. It should have had a patch for that version and certainly be fixed in this version.