Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Distortions

Yes I did recolour the centers of the sunflowers but the fact you had to ask means I must have done a good job.

That's really a great trick using an extrusion for perspective to reduce the artifacting. I made a bitmap copy, used the liquid color, and added some shading and subtle highlights and a custom shadow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	warped.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	91038
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: Distortions

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    the fact you had to ask means I must have done a good job.
    Um, no: the fact that I asked means I'm obsessed with colour accuracy, Frances! How can anyone share image files if they're tagged with different color profiles, or our monitors are old(er) and as a consequence dimmer? Or someone doesn't calibrate their monitor?

This should be carved in stone: when something looks off on your monitor, don't change your art. Instead, change your view of the visual data. By adjusting your monitor, or recalibrating it or whatever.

When you change, for example the brightness, of a bitmap, unless it's a live, dynamic effect, the change is permanent and progressive. In other words, if you change the saturation, and then the brightness of a bitmap, you can't go back and change the saturation after the file's saved and/or closed. Changes to bitmaps are usually permanent.

So you want to make sure that what you see is what you want to save.

@Frances-can you screen capture a zoomed-in view of your lovely artwork? I'd like to see and validate that the extrude technique is indeed producing nice smooth alterations without harsh pixels edges.

TIA,

Gary