Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need help!

Question I need help!

Hello to everybody who reads this.

I am using Xara 3D Maker 7 trial version, seems like I have use of the full program for 7 days.

I want to save my work as a .gif but I am dissapointed by what happens.

I have created animated text and selected a photo as a background however, when I export the file and save it as a .gif only the text appears and the background image of my photo is missing and appears to be a transparent background.

I need to have my photo set as the background with the text animation on top of it.

This is how I was able to set a photo as my background even though it is not included when I export and save as .gif.

I go to "Color options"

In the drop down box inside the color options I selected "Background"

Next to the drop down box there is a box that I put a check mark in that says "Texture"

From here a pop up window appears (Windows Explorer) and I am able to navigate to the root of my photo where I store it on my computer and I selected it.

I need to find out if it is at all possible to save my work the way it appears when I press the play animation button.

Its a shame that my background photo is missing when I export.

Does anybody have a solution to my problem?

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: I need help!

Welcome to the forum, jagiv. I suspect the "Transparent" box is ticked in the Export dialogue. When ticked, it sets the background to transparent for the exported image, ignoring what ever image is there on screen.

Mike

I just ran a test and Mike is correct. Uncheck that box and you are good to go.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by simsmj View Post
    Welcome to the forum, jagiv. I suspect the "Transparent" box is ticked in the Export dialogue. When ticked, it sets the background to transparent for the exported image, ignoring what ever image is there on screen.

Mike

Thank you for welcoming me Mike!

I understand the concept of what you are saying; however, I need some help finding that checkbox next to "Transparent".

When I go to "File" then the window drops down and I slect "Export Animation" I don't see anyplace for me to uncheck "Transparent", its just a save to window for me to specify a location to save my .gif file.

I must be missing something or doing something wrong.

Joe

i think you should try changing the setting from the HTML itself

Quote Originally Posted by NewEra View Post
    That may be beyond my technical capability. I'm not a web developer and I don't dabble with much HTML code. Although I'm A+ and Net+ certified I hardly dable in coding and this is the first animated .gif that I've ever made.

Is there an option like Mike said about some sort of "Transparent" setting because I don't see it and I went through every module possible.

Maybe this will help. When you export your animation this is the screen you will see. Uncheck the transparency box indicated by my red circle.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard01.png 
Views:	162 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	90461
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Maybe this will help. When you export your animation this is the screen you will see. Uncheck the transparency box indicated by my red circle.

Name:	Clipboard01.png 
Views:	162 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	90461

That print screen bipmap image you provided is great! Unfortunately when I go to click on "File" then drop down box opens and I choose "Export Animation" guess what happens? Your picture of the settings doesn't come up for me. All I get is a Windows Explorer location to save to

Quote Originally Posted by NewEra View Post
    Do you actually know anything about the software being discussed in this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Do you actually know anything about the software being discussed in this forum?
    The program seems pretty straight forward, I am a new user (downloaded and started using this today - Xara 3D Maker 7) but I am a long time user (10 years plus) of Adobe Photoshop products.

I am wondering if my trial version does not include full functionality because I am not getting that settings window when exporting an animation.

Follow my photos closely and you will see.

Step #1) Here I am clicking on "File"

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	90466

Step #2) Here I am selecting "Export Animation" from the drop down menu.

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	90467

Step #3) I am missing the settings to uncheck "Transparent" as you can see the only window that opens for me is a save to root window.

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	90468