Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Logo - Need feed back

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    It might be a good idea to find a really excellent bit of vector art, or good clip art that can be traced.
    I haven’t come across a client who wanted clipart in their logo, as they all wanted original work. If you did use clipart you would need to ask your client’s permission first, and that would affect your reputation in terms of designing original logos. Not a good move IMO.
    Visiting/participating in TalkGraphics since i/us (’97).

I think various points raised are valid too Steve, unfortunately these are obscured by totally unnecessary, puerile, nasty comments. Why do some people feel the need to add these? What do they get out of it? Beats me. If people have the best interests of TG at heart, as they say they have, then stick to valuable, knowledgeable contributions please.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

we should all be tolerant John, that's for sure..

ok lets now get back on topic please... thanks
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by neodeist View Post
    I think various points raised are valid too Steve
    so how about discussing them for a change? *sheesh*
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelrobi View Post

I will try and not post too many questions on here, as I do not want to abuse.

Thank you all for your excellent feedback.
    Well as far as I see it the whole point of joining a forum is to share ideas and ask questions. So if you feel that you are abusing the forum by doing this then it is very clear you don't feel comfortable doing so here. Maybe you need to possible look towards another forum that you will feel more at home on and feel at easer asking as many questions you want. Remember you have the right to ask these questions as much as anyone else

Besides this you may be helping other members that may have the same questions you have and just have not asked. Remember there are no stupid questions just stupid answers

Quote Originally Posted by DirtRider View Post
    Well as far as I see it the whole point of joining a forum is to share ideas and ask questions. So if you feel that you are abusing the forum by doing this then it is very clear you don't feel comfortable doing so here. Maybe you need to possible look towards another forum that you will feel more at home on and feel at easer asking as many questions you want. Remember you have the right to ask these questions as much as anyone else

Besides this you may be helping other members that may have the same questions you have and just have not asked. Remember there are no stupid questions just stupid answers
    Thanks for that. what i meant is I dont want to ask a questions every time I can`t figure something out. I want to atleast give an effort to try see if the question has already been asked or try to play around and figure it out on my own. thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelrobi View Post
    Thanks for that. what i meant is I dont want to ask a questions every time I can`t figure something out.
    Please don't stop asking Remember that for every person who asks a question there's a bunch more who are too shy to do so. And there's never a stupid question, and there's always room for all of us to learn. Keep asking, please, that's what the forum's for!

Avoiding Manual Labour.

For those wondering, I took a lot of the ideas that we`re brought up, especially the Q&A session with the client, I drew some ideas that I had for him on paper, sat down with the client and came up with a re-design that I feel is much better suited for his needs. And yes we got rid of the lion. Attached is the new logo that he seems very happy with, more basic and simple. I think it could still be worked, but he is happy so I guess case closed.

Thanks for your help everyone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Awireless Final.png 
Views:	85 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	79305  

Hi marcelrobi,

What exactly does "A Wireless" do? I'd be interested to know. I'd have liked to throw a few ideas your way, but in the absence of anything concrete I felt there was little I could contribute in that respect. I hope at least my tips on gathering further information will have helped you, and I'd still be interested in knowing a little more about his business.
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

My understanding of his company is unlocking cell phones and cell phone repair.

edit: Home based company, not some big corporate thing.
    Last edited by marcelrobi; 13 January 2011 at 12:14 AM. Reason: needed to add...