Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Xara3D 6 not working for me

I need help on something. I'm running Xara3D on my computer and when I make the 3D design I want, I went to export the image and it won't let me. It keeps on saying these errors

failed to export to
    'C:\Users\gambino\AppData\Local\Temp\X3DD5AA.tmp'

failed to export to
    'C:\Users\gambino\AppData\Local\Temp\X3DD5AA.tmp'

Failed to save to file 'C:\Users\gambino\Desktop\logo.gif'

I need help on how to work this thing. this is really upsetting me and I Don't know what is wrong with this thing. HELP me now.

Default Re: Xara3D 6 not working for me

Hi

welcome

what operating system are you using?

also in file menu if you click 'save as' can you save the file as an x3d file?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by gambino View Post
    HELP me now.
    This is a forum full of helpful, knowledgeable people but I think they deserve a "Please".
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

I'm running windows 7 and I have it both on windows 7 and XP too and they both fail me on both of it.

also, I'm sorry for the rudeness. I am just really upset and in a lot of stress and I am trying to make a logo for a school and I am being paid for it and a lot of stress on that will get me mad.

Hi Gambino,

Welcome to the forums.

What Beret has said is very true. On this forum are very knowledgeable people who help all comers but common manners should not be forgotten no matter how frustrated and mad we may get. Stress is a part of life that needs to be managed, not manage us so I would also work on that aspect if I were you. I've been there and it can be difficult but it will represent a huge block for your advancement using this program in that you will not think clearly when frustrated and stressed, rather it's better to step away for a few moments to get your emotions under control.

Having said that, I'm sure you will receive the help you need and quite quickly if the proper manners and protocol are used. Please remember that this forum is a volunteer run forum and that people are using their own precious time and resources to answer questions. You'll find the answers usually to be very good and prompt.

I also have 3D6 running on XP and have not seen this problem. I believe you were asked if you can save the native file (X3D). You haven't answered that question yet and that's a good starting point.

If you would, please answer that one first.

EDit: - hey I own that function....:-)....yes Steve, so we did......
    Last edited by Karateed; 21 August 2010 at 09:52 PM. Reason: cross posting
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

do you get the same messages on XP as you do windows 7

also you have not said whether you can use 'save as' to save to an x3d file....

are you running any registry protection software?

EDIT - hi ED we cross posted
    Nothing lasts forever...

Gambino,

This may be too simplified, but X3D6 cannot export as file type .TMP nor can it save as .GIF

You cannot add your own extensions into the save and export dialogue boxes (and I don't know why you would want to!).

It will only save as .X3D and will only export as .BMP .CUR .SWF .GIF .ICO. JPG .PNG

Just use the extensions provided in the boxes and you should be fine. I don't understand the rationale of trying to change them.

NOTE: Remember to ALWAYS save a .X3D file, or you won't be able to edit it again ..... ever!
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Confusing terminology Keith.
    The export dialogue actually say's 'Save as type'. Technically it does save as .gif
    But what appears to be happening here is write access is denied to the location specified by the operator, in this case the desktop.
    The desktop is actually one of Windows 'special folders' which has different permissions to normal folders and can become corrupted..
    My advice is to try saving to a 'normal' folder.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	save-as.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	76320  

ok. number 1, I do have manners and I am sorry for not using them. 2, I have saved it as "save as..." and it doesn't let me save as a file I wanted it to. 3, every time a file is exporting, it also puts it in the temp folder to be exported. I learned that from all programs that do the same thing. 4, it does the same thing on my windows XP operating system. 5, I do not have registry protection. I'm using advanced systemcare pro and all it does is clean out the PC. 6, I did try exporting in all types of formats but when I try, it does the same thing.

everything is not write protected on my computer because I am a web designer myself and when making graphics on any type of program for example, Adobe photoshop, Adobe Fireworks, Adobe dreamweaver, easy Icon maker, and other Adobe products that I have used because I bought Adobe CS4 master collection and just recently upgraded to CS5 not too long ago.

so, can you please help me on this error?

Hi

you say it will not let you 'save as' 'in the file format you want it to'

what I asked was - will it let you save as an x3d file - which is the default - ie click on save as, give it a name and save without changing the file type

I am not being difficult here, you just have not confirmed this
    Nothing lasts forever...