Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Wink GR- Shutting down.

I have to say thank you to everyone who visit graphic Recipes.

Graphic Recipes is shuting down.

I cannot be using my time making tutorials and articles, when I need to seek for clients, that´s what i need more clients, I am a person who need to work and make some money as everybody here.

I hope you understand why I take this desition i preffer to have the website offline instead a website with poor updates, i will relaunch the website when I have an stable job, meanwhile I will be working making some lessons in my free time, so when I launch de website again you will find a lot of lessons and some good new content.

The website will be online for the next two weeks, and you can save the tutorials for your personal use, you are not allowed to post any part of the tutorials in another website, printed media, etc.

That´s my desition was not easy, because I make a lot of work inside graphic recipes, but I will make some good lessons for illustrator and xara Xtreme, don´t know if I will add content for corel draw too, but i need to add illustrator content as well.

So Keep in touch, I will post the re-launch here, what i need for now is find a good job. so i can have freetime to use in Graphic Recipes.

I want to make my portfolo website again, so i´ll be seeking some clients, and i will be using my time for my personal portfolio.

Maybe the website will be off-line for months or years, we never know.

Thanks

José.

Thnaks to Xara who supported me by promoting the website in the outsider, tweeter, and facebook.

Special thanks to RIK who helped me with the website. He will be the only one who can see the new tutorials and lessons if he want, in the admin area.

PD: I will not change my desition, i cannot be posting regualr content inside graphic recipes when I need to use my time working or trying to reach new clients, as easy as that.
    I can't stop of working.. I will have the eternity to rest
    Madre Teresa de Calcuta.

Default Re: GR- Shutting down.

Sad news, but I completely understand your decision. Good luck in your search for work.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

A wise decision Jose! We all need the income to support our lif styles and family.
    I completely understand as do we all.
    JimM
    p.s good job hunting!

Jose,

I'm sorry to hear about your job quest, but I'd suggest that you may wish to reconsider - not as an aid to the community, but possibly as a help to yourself.

In the graphic industry portfolios seem to be everything and having an active graphics site used by others may be a plus point in your favour.

Something to consider, if only as a form of promotion, not just altruism.

Paul
    Last edited by pauland; 09 July 2010 at 02:31 PM.

Why not leave it running and ask other people to write a tutorial. I certainly would be happy to! All that you would have to do is to give certain admin. rights to people and that would only be a couple of emails. It give you a bit of street credibility and you can give your clients the web address as well as your own portfolio.

I would quite understand if you said it was your baby and stated it was closing. It is hard to drum up customer without an office or shop so all the best to you.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Thank you for making the effort Jose. It is not easy.

I would pay monthly for your tutorials as they seem to click with me
    Regards, James
    Last edited by sunhome; 09 July 2010 at 05:24 PM.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I will miss graphic recipies, but as others have said I understand your decision. I hope things go well for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Unhappy Re: GR- Shutting down.

Hi Jose.

I am extremely sad because I enjoyed each and every tutorial on Graphic Recipes. My favourite is still the flower. It was reasonably easy to do but produces such a fantastic result.

I also know how difficult it is to put up a web site and keep it up to date and fresh.

I also know how hard it is to put even a simple tutorial together and I'm sure I speak for most, if not all, TG members when I say thanks very much for the tremendous hard work you did.

I, for one, look forward to seeing Graphic Recipes back up and running again very soon.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    Why not leave it running and ask other people to write a tutorial.
    Let me think about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Thank you for making the effort Jose. It is not easy.
    Thanks, you really know how much time you need for a good tutorial.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunhome View Post
    I would pay monthly for your tutorials as they seem to click with me
    Regards, James
    It will be great to make a kind of subscription, but If i offer a subscription wold be cheap, and i do not have too many users, and i will should post at least 2 tutorials per week, so maybe when i have more users, and make free+premium content as most tutorial websites.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    I will miss graphic recipies, but as others have said I understand your decision. I hope things go well for you.
    I hope too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    Hi Jose.
    I, for one, look forward to seeing Graphic Recipes back up and running again very soon.
    Thanks, very soon I hope!.
    I can't stop of working.. I will have the eternity to rest
    Madre Teresa de Calcuta.