Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Help me create an image?

Whoa, deja vue. Your machine wouldn't have been and ibm by any chance, running win 95. Only reason for getting rid of it was a friend infected it and it was to old and to slow to invest any more money into it. And as I remeber, upgrading from 8 to 16 meg of memory was not cheap. Oh yeah, miss that old 13 inch monitor and the old dial up, taking up to an hour just to get a connection. 20 hours of dial-up for 25$ a month..........yeah, boy, do I miss those good old days.........frank

That one was build by myself. So, naturally, it was better than any brand.
    14" color monitor... Can't remember the name... Was running up to 800x600 60Hz. It could do 1024x768 with interlacing, but it was hard to impossible to read any small text in this mode.
    Connection was 14400 USRobotics Sportster modem. Nice with all those LEDs.
    We also had some sort of the flatbed scanner (Mustek? not sure now...) and the device we were proud of - HP LaserJet 4. So we could produce ready transparencies for the print....
    John.

Thread moved to General Graphics > Graphics chat > because it is a Graphics help/technique related question.

[highjack]
    Quote Originally Posted by covoxer
    Those were times...
    Some 13 years ago.
    Back when you were 17, eh?

War stories ... gotta love 'em.

My first PC was an IBM PC (model 5150, with an Intel 8088, no "math coprocessor" ... the companion 8087 was a couple hundred extra bucks), no hard disk drive (but I got it with four full-height double-density 5¼" floppy disk drives). The display was a cool amber unit, run by a Hercules graphics card.
    [/highjack]