Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
The X3 organiser is slow to open if you want to keep going back and forth to grab files. So I dislike it now.
Running on my system, the Organizer in X3 is better than that in X2 but problems remain -- the chief of which is its slow speed. It's slow opening, you can't quickly move from Organizer to Full Editor and back. The "Media" Tray in Full Editor displays the same problems.

Why can't PSP and Elements for that matter get it right with their organizers. I'll resume use of Thumbs+ 8 to manage files.

I spent a lot of time with PSP X3 earlier today editing a set of large images -- 7 to 14 MB TIF files -- from a recent vacation. I crashed PSP at least six times trying to run the Digital Camera Noise Remover tool. In X2 seldom did the program crash with that tool.

I have had more time to work with the new tools -- Smart Carver and Object Extractor -- figuring out how to better utilize them, and each seems to work reasonably well for specific kinds of tasks.

I like the Vibrancy tool and the improved Depth of Field tool. I have always used it a lot since its introduction back in version ?. Selections can now be made in the editing window, not the tiny preview window in the tool.

Bob