Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: My website created in Xara Xtreme

Simply delightful website! So happy and cheerful and your designs are wonderful. Well done!
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?

Very comfortable website, Jen. In fact, I'm heading back there right now to read some more.

I did note, however, that on your "my-life" page, there is some wording that you may want to adjust. It reads like you've perhaps left out the words "am a".
    I [am a] graphic designer and I design embroidery patterns for hand work and machine.

Quote Originally Posted by mightyfun View Post
    Well, I have finally gotten my website up with products, graphics, and menus all made in Xara Xtreme. It wasn't all easy, but with the help of Talk Graphics forum members, I finished it. I am pretty happy with the results too.

Jen

www.homeberries.com
    Does it suppose to be like this? This is what I see on my browser.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	site.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	63779  
    be aware, not to become a ware.

Well done Jen! Your site is fun, clean, and easy to navigate. All the things a good web site should be.

Smile Re: My website created in Xara Xtreme

I am curious if the text is done with Xara, it looks very much like other blogs. I want to create my own, and I like the style of yours very much. I thought about using wordpress or something similar, any suggestions? I very much like your site, great designs and graphical content.

@DMerchan, below is a thread about making your own fonts. Maybe it will help you create your own.
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=4672
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?

Sorry Burpee, I meant the layout basically. I like the blog look with text and pictures and the dates and such, just curious if all of this layout is done with Xara. Basically you would have to keep a running webpage, and then upload it every time you wanted to update it or add an entry, correct? Not so good with the technical definitions and saying what I am actually meaning or looking for. I do like your reference though, and have always thought it might be fun to create my own font. I have always wanted a handwriting font similat to my own, but then no one could read it. Thanks for the links.

just curious if all of this layout is done with Xara.
    Note that this thread was posted almost 2 years ago on 11 August 2007, Jennie Baer probably had a completely different site back then.
    Under the {LOOKING BACK} section the archives pages go back only as far as April 2009 - this might have been when Jen changed to the now 'Wordpress' template and database driven site with 'NextGEN 1.2.1' plugin gallery scripts.
    In other words while the website probably contains some of her graphic work created with Xara Xtreme (Designer and Doodles, Embroidery) it is no longer a website created in Xara Xtreme.

Red face Re: My website created in Xara Xtreme

Oh good grief!! Thanks for pointing that out Sledger. I assumed since there is so much talk about websites and such in the forums these days that it must be current. Guess not, just like me to show up 2 years late on something.