Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Question about "snap to" even pixels

This is basically about Xtreme4, but I am considering getting 5, so maybe that makes a difference. My question is this: Is it possible to force objects to snap to the nearest pixel? When I drop or create a shape it always seems to be on a fractional tenth of a pixel, rather than an even pixel. The same thing goes for dragging out shapes as well, it's hard to get them to an "even pixel" without zooming way in and adjusting everything. Is there a trick to this, or is the functionality just not built in?

Default Re: Question about "snap to" even pixels

Instead of dropping, you can always use Import, which will place your image at a full pixel value location. When drawing/dragging shapes, etc, you can turn on the grid and snap to it. You might just need to set up your grid to be useful in the Options dialog [in the Utilities drop-down menu].
    What I tend to do is to convert shapes to curves [CTRL+SHIFT+S], then use the Shape Editor tool to nudge vertices, thus keeping everything in whole pixel dimensions. Again, you'll need to set your nudge values to make that work usefully. It is especially good in very complex drawings, where nudging, moving or resizing a whole shape can get very slow, whereas moving vertices with the Shape Editor tool is always lightning fast.

Have you created a grid (of unit 1 pixel), and turned on snap to grid?

Besides what has already been mentioned, you can very simply type integer values in the Position XY fields on the info bar.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

When I try entering even integers in the size/position fields, nothing seems to happen. The numbers revert to what they were as soon as I click back on the object.

You do need to hit the Enter key after changing the values.

And make sure, if you are entering numbers, that the "lock aspect ratio" button is not engaged or each one will constantly change the other one to be off slightly.