Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Default Re: Drop Down Menu's simple bar version

Whoa folks!

I'm getting lost(frustrated) with too much help that may be variations on a theme. Cursor 'sent' me an attachment(???) in post 317090 and I can't even figure out how to download it.

I have really been fighting this drop down process for quite some time. I purchased MM and was told it hadn't been upgraded for 5 years and didn't like Chrome. So I bought So****k for $65 and that is a nightmare.
    I'm doing nonprofit sites for missionaries and don't need something polished and fancy.
    You're having trouble with me 'cuz I started doing database programming with radio shack basic on a color computer before hard drives were around.
    I don't want to offend any of you because I have to have your help.

Silver-haired slowpoke...
    If someone wants to email me straight...

grampscurtis@gmail.com

gramps
    Hillsboro OH

Default Re: Drop Down Menu's

If you'll look at the bottom of my last post, you'll see reference to an "attachment" (a .web file) that you can open. Just click on the link, then indicate that you want to "Run" the file. It will load it directly into Xara Web Designer.

It sounds like you might be totally happy using the templates that come with xWD, rather than trying to build your own graphics. In creating these missionary sites, is it necessary to have drop-down menus? There are some very acceptable alternative layouts (and you could do it all on just two layers ... a multilevel navigation system can require many more).

Might you already have a sample missionary site that could serve as an example of what you're trying to accomplish (even if done using another development software)?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	temp.png 
Views:	243 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	62360  

Default Re: Drop Down Menu's

Just posting here so I can subscribe to this thread.

We are working on a 2 level site navigation menu on another thread as well.

Just my 2 cents...Seems like a number of us would love the Elegance, Beauty and High Functionality of the WebStyle Menu Making System.

It makes so much sense financially for Xara I hope... to resurrect a product that was once World Class but is now almost dying...and bring its code back... and integrate it elegantly into Web Designer...so that XWD gains even more "Market Superiority" by even doing Navigation Menus better than anyone else! I see a real home run here for the company to take "hand coded Dreamweaver and CCS menu making"...and make it purely visual just like the rest of XWD. Im sure the company has already thought about this long and hard. Maybe they could hire an outside, short term, temporary coder to look into the opportunity and come up with a good solution...while the rest of Xara is working on other keen priorities.

That would be a real Home Run for XARA in my opinion!!!

Cant wait! Is this possible?

Suzzie1234
    Last edited by suzzie1234; 02 July 2009 at 12:57 PM.