Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default layer problems..

Hello everyone!

I have a problem with my page, the web-file is attached:

I don't understand why the "Doorstep-Layer" is always visible. I only want it to be seen as MouseOver of the "€" of that Song.

The strange thing is, I already had figured this out, I finished one album with 12 of these mouse-over layers, working perfectly fine.
    But now I obviously miss a step and I just can't remember which it is.
    Whenever I make a new Layer it keeps showing always.
    I bet this is too easy. But I just don't get it anymore.

The second thing: I don't understand why, whenever I mouseover "Listen&Download" the first point "Latest Releases" also shows the mouseover-state. It's definitely not in that layer... same for "MusicBiz-Info"-->"MusicBiz-News"..
    It stops showing mouseover as soon as I move down to the other points..

I hope you can help me with this.. I'm not far from finishing the whole thing and it's really annoying that my dumbness keeps me from doing that.

greets, chilli
    Attached Files Attached Files
    www.chillheimer.de

Default Re: layer problems..

Do you intend for the "Doorstep-Layer" to be a pop-up layer (and invisible, until explicitly called)? If so, what is supposed to trigger the layer, chilli?

yes, exactly as you say, invisible until triggered.
    the trigger will be when you move the mouse over the "€" of the doorstep-song. I already set that trigger, but it keeps showing without triggering it...

edit: I get close to what I want when setting a link on the "€" to show that popup-layer. At least it doesn't show all the time then.
    But what I actually want is to show if I just mouseover €.. and I know it works and that I can do it, because I already have..
    Last edited by chilli; 30 June 2009 at 10:47 PM.
    www.chillheimer.de

You have a list of items (starting with Doorstep ... ending with Morning Moon). Each of them have the character in the kaufen column. Do you want each symbol to pop-up the same Doorstep Layer?
    Last edited by cursor; 30 June 2009 at 11:27 PM.

OK ... I'm a bit confused ... but I don't know what steps you've taken.

First, it doesn't seem to want to work (but you knew that).

If I click on Doorstep, the status line tells me "1 group on layer MouseOff". Ungroup it.

Deselect (click somewhere else) and click on Doorstep again. The status line tells me "1 group on layer MouseOff". Ungroup it.

Double-click the character and set the Web Properties > Link > Popup layer value to Doorstep-Layer. Go ahead and Preview. You'll see the character assume the default text hyperlink format. Mouse-over the character, and it will pop-up your pop-up layer.

If you like you can change your defalut Web Properties ? Website > Website link colors as needed.

thanks for your fast help!

Quote Originally Posted by cursor View Post
    You have a list of items (starting with Doorstep ... ending with Morning Moon). Each of them have the character in the kaufen column. Do you want each symbol to pop-up the same Doorstep Layer?
    No, every song will have it's own layer.

I'm at work right now but I will try the ungrouping as soon as I'm home.
    I had hoped that by using ctrl+mouseclick I could select just that one element out of a group without having to un- and regroup it..
    www.chillheimer.de

Quote Originally Posted by cursor View Post
    Double-click the character and set the Web Properties > Link > Popup layer value to Doorstep-Layer.
    mh.. thats not really what I want. when I do this I have to click on "€" to see the popup, it doesn't show when I just hover over "€"

Just to get this straight:
    Am I right that the usual way of doing a simple mouse over showing a popuplayer would be:
    1. create a new layer with the needed elements.
    2. select the object in the mouse-off layer (in my case "€") that, when "mouse-overed" you want to show the layer.
    3. go to its web-properties/mouseover and select the created layer in the last point.

Is this correct?
    edit: yes it is, i've tried it several times in new projects now.
    I definitely understand the concept.

The strange thing is:
    When I ungroup all as you described it works in the single demo-page I uploaded, which is just one of 20 pages of the whole project.
    And when I do the exact same thing in the main-project it doesn't work.
    How can that be?!
    Is there some kind of layer limitation? that I have to many layers on all my sub-pages?

The other strange thing is that when I set the MouseOver to the whole "doorstep"-group (the second group you asked me to ungroup) it works like a charm..

some really strange behaviour here..
    edit: i'm starting to get the feeling that this is a bug. I do exactly the same thing but one time it works, the second time it doesn't.

edit2: Ok, I'm getting closer! the problem has something to do with the "€". I think I've copied them all some time ago, to link the mouseover later. It looks like sth went wrong at that time.
    When I delete the "€" and make a new version with a new Textobject it finally works as expected.
    phew! now that was a hard piece of work..
    Last edited by chilli; 01 July 2009 at 09:08 PM.
    www.chillheimer.de