Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Creating Image Hot Spots with XWD

Image hotspots are easily created in XWD without the image map feature of Xtreme.

Simply clone the image and crop (or intersect) to the object for the hotspot and apply a link to it. Copy the crop and paste-in-place on the mouseover layer.

The link can be to a popup layer, named iframe, site address or external resource.

Using this method also allows you to apply a mouseover effect to the hotspot such as an increased colour saturation shown in my attached example.
    Attached Files Attached Files

You're example, Steve, seems to sport the mouse-over effect when the cursor enters the limits of the apple's bounding box (vs. the apple's actual outline). If I were to have map of Europe, for example, would I exactly be able to highlight a single country, without overlapping triggers?

That's right Curtis, Xtreme allows for precise shape image maps (as explained in the first movie link) where XWD does not.

Just some of the advanced features of Xtreme which are not present in the lower priced XWD.

I discovered a workaround for this feature in XWD: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...t=38900&page=2 (see second post).