Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default popup menu problem

Hello,

i create a navbar with buttons and if i click on a button on this navbar a dropdown menu will be visible. For this dropdown menu i use a popup-layer.
    Is it possible to close the popup-layer automatically if the mouse pointer leave the dropdown menu area?
    With the attached web-file the popup will be closed only if i click somewhere on the page.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: popup menu problem

For the blue rectangle on the MouseOff layer, you are using the Link tab to tell the popup layer menu1 to be displayed when then the rectangle is mouse-clicked. Instead, you should use the Mouse-over tab. That will make your system behave as you expect.

edit: Note that the blank spaces between your vertically placed buttons on he popup (dropdown) can cause problems. If the mouse position is sampled when it happens to be on the white space, then the popup dies. The solution would be to snug he menu items up so that there is no blank space. If you WANT the white space visually included for effect, then you should make those white spaces part of the popup layer.
    Last edited by cursor; 10 June 2009 at 11:09 PM.

Here is an modified version that includes a series of white rectangles as reference in my previous post's edit. As you move your mouse over the popup layer slowly, the difference in performance should be clear.

Hi Cursor,

thank you for your help. But the dropdown menu should only be visible after a mouseclick on the button in the navbar. I think i must use a popup for that. If the popup layer is displayed i use the mouseover effect. i need to know, how the popup layer will be closed automatically if the mouse pointer leave the dropdown area.

Sebastian