Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Preview window

Default Preview window

How can I preview just one page other that the index page on XWD ?

It seems it will only let me preview the first page - also, how can I apply site wide changes ? IE: I change the background on first page and would like the other pages to have same background.

Any help would be greatly appreciated -

Thank you,

Juan Colome

Default Re: Preview window

Hello Juan,

When you preview it is like visiting an online website. You see the index page and unless their are navigation to the other pages you cannot view them.

It is the same with preview, you must provide navigation to the other pages to preview them.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Or, if it's that important to not have to navigate each time, just export and then in another window, refresh. This is how I have to do it using MS Expression Web, as their preview is absolutely useless as to what the design will actually look like if you step even 1 inch outside the boundries of what's expected - like using css to style drop down menus, for example.

Keep in mind that it isn't necessary to create or use fancy, professional looking buttons. You can create a series of simple shapes on the MouseOff layer, and set the Web Properties > Link (tab) > Link to page [ page name ] field. No hotdog mouseover effects are necessary to make the "buttons" work.

Or simply add the attached ◄|► controls to your Tweaks folder (update the folder from the 'Disc Designs' button in the Designer Gallery) then drag the PrevNext.web control from the gallery to each of your pages for quick preview navigation.
    Remove them before final export.
    Attached Files Attached Files

wow - too much information here. what is a tweak folder ? and what is a .web ?

I guess I need to learn all this stuff fast.

JC

Quote Originally Posted by infoseek View Post
    wow - too much information here. what is a tweak folder ? and what is a .web ?

I guess I need to learn all this stuff fast.

JC
    mmmmmmmm have you bothered to watch the tutorial videos?

Go to your help menu and videos link theres loads of them there and they explain things in plain english