Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 47 of 78 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Default Re: Show us your sites!

This was the most fun I have had with web design.
    Please tell me what you think and how I can improve it.
    I appreciate any comments.
    http://maui4fun.com
    Has any one else had their metatags disappear after editing their site? It happens to me.
    IP

A very appealing looking site.
    Some of the photos look strange as you have used bevels on some and not all. They are not in a consistent style.
    You also have too many images. Most of them could be grouped together which would decrease the size of your pages.
    True love is the ultimate truth
    IP

Thanks, salaam. I will work on that. Still have tweaking to do.
    IP

Hi Paul and Slavelle,

Thanks for your comments.

I've decided (over the next few weeks) to do some tweaks to my site - particularly the colour scheme and places to visit page :-) It's funny how you can get too close to something and need an objective view. That's the beauty of forums - especially since the site was only half finished anyway.

The flash I created (with Swishmax) for my "Places to Visit" page was made about 4 years ago! and of course (up until now) I wouldn't hear a bad word said about it - as it took me yonks to do ;-) ... but it does really needs adjusting along the lines of Paul's suggestions and make it much more local, and I will renew it just using layers and popups totally in XWD. (If only XWD was around four years ago)

The iframes I used are really useful as I wanted to keep the main body of the site on screen whilst scrolling a "framed" window that would otherwise scroll the banner and nav buttons out of vision.

Thanks for your help - I'll give you a shout in a few weeks.

Steve
    IP

Hello, I would like to include the site I've been working with. I can say that I'm very pleased with Xara Web Designer templates and how quickly I got all this accomplished.
    The only big slow down to my work, was to find a form template and a form template script. I've settled with the one from freecontactform.com
    Here is the site: www.hilltopmanufacturing.com
    I would like some suggestions about the color theme, over all. I chose the "Legal" theme, I'm not sure if the colors are matching well the red logo, or not.

Thanks,

Eduardo
    IP

Hello Eduardo.

Nice, clean, and simple.

I did happen to note that your contact form runs off its web page. Easy to fix.
    IP

I like the design Eduardo - good job. Why does the company have 2006 in the name?

Paul
    IP

Heres one I built - but there seems to be a problem in that it does not work on 2 other XP systems I've tried it on, so does it work for you, and if not - got any ideas what might be the problem?

All created using WD and the pop-up photo feature, but thats the bit that does not appear to work. The page and the thumbnails display ok, but each of the thumbnails when you hover over it, should pop up a larger photo (like the 21 photo mouseover gallery on which the design was based).

It works perfect on my XP system, both previewed within WD, and when I access the remote server version.

The site is http://akdesigns.users.btopenworld.com/build/index.htm

Does it popup for you? Your comments would be most welcome
    Alan
    IP

No, no popups - winXP, FF3.0

Paul
    IP

No popups for me either. Windows XP + Internet Explorer 8.
    IP