Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Smile Re: Help please with repel

pauland, jvila, ascerbic, iamtheblues - everyone has been very helpful. I am very impressed by the response time of the members of TG forum. This only confirms my time perusing the forum for assistance in other designs. My sincere gratitude to all and all future aid.

Default Re: Help please with repel

Quote Originally Posted by ascerbic View Post
    ...words do not form sentences...
    Yes, I was aware that this was the case, which is why I said "similar" instead of "the same". In the original post's example, the text is still very difficult to read as sentences with the huge gaps caused by the shape.
    Perhaps if only the effect of the text is required, then a clipview could be the answer, but of course, I do take your point, and I like your solution to the problem, which looks at repelling text from an opposite point of view.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Yes ascerbic found a method which has been shown before as the best (current) way to manage wrapping text inside a shape

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=37106

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=37789

And I think even earlier, not too long after Text Repel was introduced this method was played with, though I can't find the link.

It might be useful if one could draw a 'freehand text area' and have the text fill and wrap inside that shape.
    One for 'Dear Xara..' perhaps

Quote Originally Posted by ascerbic View Post
    you see, there is no way to put the text into the blue shape

what you must do is to create the yellow shape and THIS shape must repel the text when you put the yellow shape on top of the text area
    I am sorry for not quite grasping how to wrap text inside a shape but I have tried a few options but they are not getting the same effect. I do not know how to get the shape of the text as ascerbic and sledger did. I am a Microsoft person trying to get into graphic design.

How did you take my shape and create it into the yellow shape, that even when I move it from the text area you can still see through it?

I tried to use transparency but not getting the same results.

some people here can be very good at detail tutorials for showing how to do this

I think they will do one for you (you maybe must wait a hour or so )

when you have done this once you will hit yourself when you see how easy it realy is!

but i know nothing is funny if you dont understand
    you will understand very soon, really very soon

then you will share your knowledge with others

Here it goes a step by step procedure.
    Yestarday I wastrying to understand the behavior with differents texts sizes, paragraph, etc.
    Apparently the repel makes a type or wrap with words, you need to practice to get good result.
    May be Steve can give us a more detailed explanation.
    Un abrazo
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Javier

Smile Re: Help please with repel

Thank you guys for your tips and support. I will follow the steps and give it my best shot. Thanks again

Quick Tutorial - Hope you can understand it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	temp.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	60020  
    Last edited by ss-kalm; 26 April 2009 at 08:52 PM.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    ...And I think even earlier, not too long after Text Repel was introduced this method was played with, though I can't find the link...
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=34590

This was the most universal method I could find back then.