Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Pages shift as they load

I created a site and when you click on the menu links to go to each page, the page starts to load and then does a slight shift to the right. I can't figure out what might be causing this. Are there any issies with photos having to be a certain distance from the edge or something? I didn't use any templates to create this. Click the link below and have a look.

http://www.nmpartners.net/review/jamestown/

ps. It is in its early stages of development.

Default Re: Pages shift as they load

Nice looking site though.

I just answered a question for someone else who's designed their site using Xara

Bloomsbury

and their site has the same problem!

[Edit...] If it's any comfort, the problem doesn't seem to happen in Firefox. Maybe it's a problem with Internet Explorer.
    Last edited by johne53; 17 April 2009 at 02:20 PM.

FF and IE handle the scrollbar slightly differently, it's probably related.

Drwyd

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G_NMP View Post
    I created a site and when you click on the menu links to go to each page, the page starts to load and then does a slight shift to the right..
    Maybe you have changed / fixed it because I see nothing of the sort here in any browser* whether I view in a smaller window (to force scroll bars) or view at full screen.

Site looks great. Slight fuzziness to the top row of links, but not a show stopper.

*Opera/IE8/Chrome/FF/Safari

Clicking back and forth between 'Who We Are' and 'What We Do', I see no visual shifts. I'm using IE8.

Hi Mike,

I can't connect to either iframe content on the Media Centre and Press Releases Pages. All I see is the grey iframe with text telling me what should be there.
    Has anyone else reported this?

Ray

I don't think there is supposed to be any screencast or editable content yet.
    The OP did state;
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G_NMP View Post
    ps. It is in its early stages of development.

I see a slight jump on the page transition. Very fast and nearly un-noticable on a 10mb connection. You will probably see this happen more on a slower connection? IE7 and Vista.

Changing the subject; the iframe content isn't showing as previously posted by someone else.
    This might be deliberate but if not there's a problem?

However, how have you added the iframe box? I assume the frame gallery is where that's handled from, but all I get on the toolbar is a greyed out button?
    If its not from that button any hints you can provide will be great.

Nice site and looks very well done.

Jinker

Quote Originally Posted by jinker View Post
    I see a slight jump on the page transition. Very fast and nearly un-noticable on a 10mb connection. You will probably see this happen more on a slower connection? IE7 and Vista.
    I see the slight shift of the Who We Are page in the Google Chrome browser, but it is not apparent on IE7 on my setup. I doubt the problem is related to the operating system.

OldRadioGuy

Xara Designer Pro X10; PaintShop Pro X7; Perfect Photo Suite 8; DxO Optics Pro 9.5; Olympus OM-5 E-M5; Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3770; 16 GB RAM; AMD Radeon HD 7770.