Hi Sheila, welcome to TG Forums.

As you may notice, the forums have been very busy recently, so I apologise that your post may have been missed.

I have merged your two threads as they relate to the same thing.

Also, TG is not run by Xara or their employees but rather by a group of keen enthusiasts who all have jobs and other interests to attend to.
Occasionally some Xara developers do drop by and help where they can, recently John (covoxer) has been very active and has been able to help answer questions about and offer solutions for the newly launched Wed Designer software.

Your questions may seem a little confusing as you have used unfamiliar terms, I assume you are meaning 'Nav' bar rather than Nar?

.web files are the 'project' file for your site. They are the default file type for your Web Designer project.
Exporting creates the html and resources ready for uploading.

Video and other media files require object embedding code which is placed in a 'placeholder' as you have said. However the exact code required is dependent on the media type you want to embed.

There have been many discussions about this throughout the Web Designer forum.
Here's one which concentrates on the .wmv file type
http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...55&postcount=4

If you could re word your Nav bar question, perhaps someone will chip in with an answer there too

Regards
Steve