Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default tutorials for images from clipart gallery

Hi
    I am an absolute novice to xara extreme and was wondering if there are tutorials for the images in xara's clipart gallery. I thought a good way to learn this program is to try and create an image exactly the same from clipart.

I would like to try to create the 'doll' and 'fancy 9'.

I hope someone can help as I am going nuts not being able to work out how to anything.

thanks
    jetcraft

Default Re: tutorials for images from clipart gallery

Hello Jetcraft,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

I do not know of tutorials to draw the clipart but there are over 10 years of free monthly tutorials at the XaraXone.

Have you watched any of the tutorial movies that come with Xtreme? If you are using the download version, open the Help menu and select Update. First a check for major updates to the program will report no new updates, then it will begin downloading the movies.

Egg Bramhill has created some video tutorial for Xtreme, see the thread Egg's Video Tutorials

There are additional links to video tutorials in the thread Video Tutorials and Demos

I moved your thead to the Xara Xtreme forum.
    Last edited by Soquili; 03 August 2008 at 03:16 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Maybe this isn't quite what you want, but I've learned a lot just by bringing clipart images into the Xara workspace and then taking them apart. Note that usually you have to start by ungrouping the image. You can then select and look at each separate element, see exactly how it was done. Very helpful to do this; call it 'deconstructing' maybe.
    Phil Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by jetcraft View Post
    I thought a good way to learn this program is to try and create an image exactly the same from clipart.......
    Either that or work through the XaraXone tutorials. Personally I'd go for the tutorials.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I would have to agree with Keith. The tutorials are much more instructive (the finished product is usually much better also).
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook