Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Drawing an apple

isn't he just - nice one Derek
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Here is a simple attempt using a stretched fractal cloud fill, transparency, feathered shapes, etc.
    - Andy

Oops! Probably better if I actually include the graphic !
    - Andy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Apple-1.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	5.3 KB 
ID:	50565  

Everyone thanks for your notable attempts I've done little progress since yesterday.
    Seems the texture deformation needed is impossible or very difficult at least.
    I wish Xara will include some deformation tool (like the "warp" functionality in Photoshop) for the texture fills in the next version.
    My last attempt was to use lines with different widths filled with fractal cloud transparencies but I'm ashamed to upload the result here.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanasis Siozos View Post
    Everyone thanks for your notable attempts I've done little progress since yesterday.
    Seems the texture deformation needed is impossible or very difficult at least.
    I wish Xara will include some deformation tool (like the "warp" functionality in Photoshop) for the texture fills in the next version.
    My last attempt was to use lines with different widths filled with fractal cloud transparencies but I'm ashamed to upload the result here.
    Thanasis
    First don't be ashamed to post your attempts, how else can you learn and or be advised.
    If you are going to use Xara you have to learn how to produce what you need in Xara rather than hope it will do something in the same way as another piece of software.
    You cannot wrap a texture around a three dimensional object because what you have drawn is a two dimensional flat shape which has to be made to look 3D with shading, texturing and shadows etc., which is done more or less as in my example, area by area, layer by layer, until you build up a representation of the object you are trying to produce.
    Post you attempts and you can be advised as to how to proceed.
    Derek