Downloaded the zip, but...

Nope, the replacement DLL makes no difference, and nor can I save to Steve's weird path.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
Windows servers aren't the only servers on the web. It's possible that even though it is a legal windows convention, that it won't work on the web. Frontpage "protects" me from adding spaces in filenames, as they won't work properly on Unix servers - apparently - although "slung" code seems to work fine with spaces. Go figure!
But on a PC running Windows, which is where we are trying to save our files, Windows convention is all that matters.

I could write a webpage in Edlin and make all the mistakes in the world without being stopped by the editor, and I'd be able to save it to my Windows PC, but I'd have to fix anything critical when I tried to FTP it to the Web Server. That's just a matter of knowing what's what.

The Web server doesn't enter into the problem under discussion. And for the reasons you mention I wouldn't want Xara dictating where I can save my files.

However it does now seem that this is a known bug, so I can live with it until a fix comes along.

Puzzled though as to why Steve is not similarly affected.