Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default XX4 - Multiple pages with different sizes??

Hey there!

I just LOVE XX4 - and have designed a complete website with it, but I can't get my head around is that my website has multiple pages, and all of the pages, except one, are the same size - how can I make this one page larger in a multi-page Xara file? The problem is that if I change the page size, they all change and then XX4 creates all this white space at the bottom of the smaller pages when you export the HTML - I suppose I could go through the html files and just edit them out, but is there another way perhaps?

Cheers

Cliff
    Last edited by Cliffvt; 07 April 2008 at 10:23 PM.

Default Re: XX4 - Multiple pages with different sizes??

Right now about the only way I can think of is to create a separate page that is a different size and use your links and page name to add that new page.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffvt View Post
    how can I make this one page larger in a multi-page Zara file?
    You could see if the registry hack in the post below still works in XX4 and experiment to see how it affects HTML export.

http://talkgraphics.com/showpost.php...22&postcount=8

Steven - thanks for the registry tip - did try it but it did not make a difference unfortunately. Strange thing is that the exported html page is the right length for the longer page when displayed in the browser, but the images are only rendered by XX4 for the size of the page setup in XX4... so it neatly cuts the page content to size... lol!

Cheers

Cliff

The registry hack works in XXP4 too.

Gary

Looks like this is a bug and should be reported.

I'm not sure it's a bug, it's an undocumented feature that has little testing. Use at your own risk

*Only edit the Windows regsitry if you know what you are doing*

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro\4.0\Opti ons\Preferences\AllPagesTheSame

Change the value from '1' to '0'

This will allow you to change the page size in multi page docs.

But as NeilH says:
    But be warned that very little if any testing has been done using this option, so it's possible you may find problems.

Personaly I've not tested it any further than creating this test, which when exported as HTML seems to work fine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	allpages.png 
Views:	222 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	47630  
    Attached Files Attached Files

That's pretty cool as its one of the big new features in Corel X4. The example they use to show how great this feature is, is to store a whole suite of stationery in one file - letterhead, business card, DL envelope, etc - each as a different page of the same document, so you only need one file for stuff that you probably woudl have created a directory for in the past. Its pretty powerful stuff and all we need is a registry hack. Gotta love that!

Steve

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! That worked perfectly - wow, amazing! I had changed the reg key correctly but did not actually try and change the page size in Xara - just assumed that it would change all the page sizes, but it doesn't, so now I have a perfect multi-page, multi-size website developed in Xara, what more could I ask for!! Oh yes, in case you want to see the work-in-progress, it's at http://frame-factory.biz - 100% Xara created and exported to html. (It's work in progress so still one or two links missing etc. and the code still needs some cleaning up and meta tags inserted..

Cheers and thanks once again - GREAT FEATURE

Now... if only I could create forms in Xara

Cliff

it looks good in my firefox cliff...well done, tj

PS when you change the value do you change both 1's 0x00000001 (1)
    Last edited by Tao jones; 08 April 2008 at 09:16 AM.