Thank you to everyone that responded to my request. And Doug9, YOU ARE RIGHT!!! Thank you for your fix. To everyone else having an issue, follow Doug9's lead. As ridiculous as it is, instead of updating your 18.5 version of the software as it states, you are downloading an entirely new software version and it's saved as Xara Designer Pro X (19). When you click on it, it makes you register the software as if it's brand new with your serial number and email address. It makes sense now why it was asking me to delete the program as 18.5 was separate software. If you're like me, I have my program icons along the bottom of the screen and that's where I click to use them. I did that with my Xara Designer Pro X icon, assuming I was starting the updated version, but no, as Doug9 stated, it again asked for me to update. Yes, going in circles. Going into the start menu (windows) and either search for Xara, or click into the apps section you will find both 18.5 and (19) versions. That is the craziest thing. So weird. But thank you Doug9, I would have never found that, or just stumbled across it one day.