Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
I would create two separate sites. Have the two small flag icons which will link to the appropriate site.

If your site is mysite.com, create a sub-folder and name it mysite.com/french Publish your French version to this sub-folder as it is a new website. So it will have an index.htm(l), a index_htm(l)_files folder and all the HTML pages.
Hi Gary,
When I first read this I thought that I understood! Now, when I come to try it out I realise that I don't. On my hard disk I have two folders - HTML_fr and and HTML_eng. These each contain all the files and folder to make a site. Then there is a 3rd folder containing the files for a single page - my Index page which contains two links One to the French version and one to the english version.
My question is:-
A .................on the single page, how do I link the two links - french & English - to their respective sites?
B ................. How do I organise the folders for uploading onto my website?
As I understood your post, it is possible to have all three - the link page, the French site and the English site all on the same website - I hope!!
I bow to your greater knowledge and plead for help!
many thanks,