Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Pop-up layers and mouseover/mouseout effects

cursor -
    popup_layers - amended 1.xar
    I've made an amendment to your terse version and I'm feeling a bit stumped. In the MouseOver layer I've removed the web properties link to each photo layer by selecting 'Do nothing'. The MouseOff layer remains the same. What happens is that nothing changes and by that I mean there is no difference in the functionality when compared to your popup_layer.xar file - they perform the same - with and without the changes. How does Xara know that the first rectangle in the MouseOff layer is set to display the rectangle in the MouseOver layer?

popup_layers - do nothing first.xar
    The next problem I have is that I'd like to have an initial image displayed along with the corresponding MouseOver effect highlighted. At first I thought I'd managed to achieve this by setting the web properties link of the first rectangle in the MouseOff layer to 'Do nothing' which subsequently displays the image without clicking. However, this does not highlight the corresponding rectangle in the MouseOver layer which is associated with the image which remains in the MouseOff state. I'd obviously like to have this highlighted until another rectangle is clicked on.

I don't want to be a crushing bore with this and appreciate the help that has already been given so far but if you have a little time, could you please at least point me in the right direction ... ie: you're barking up the wrong tree and it can't be done ... Thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files