As a new user, the Galleries seem difficult to use and poorly designed. The only way to get items into some of the Galleries appears to be to locate a folder on the hard disc and then import some sort of record of what's in that folder. If you add further items to that folder they don't show up. What's wrong with a gallery like Serif's Webplus where you simply drag objects in and out of it?

The other thing that is obviously missing for me is some form of recording font styles and formatting in a palette so that it can be easily applied to future text. Every DTP programs and word processing program has this facility.

Don't get me wrong XWD has some tremendous parts that other companies I suspect have failed or struggled to implement - such as text wrap (repel text) and it import facilities (the PDF import allowing text changes is truly outstanding and demonstrates that XWD surely was designed from scratch to work with Postscript). Nevertheless, there are other parts that are not so clever. I know the same applies to all programs but I'm just showng my frustration because at first I though I'd discovered the killer web designer...