Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Drop-down menus

Threaded View

Default Re: Drop-down menus

Per suggestions and comments from many helpful folks, I've continued to refine my tiered menu example system. It's attached to this post. I hope it will be useful to others who are trying to get their arms around the creation of similar menus. As was pointed out several times, it's simpler than it looks. It's understanding, rather than doing, that is the challenge.

My menu example now has four buttons; the first two (from left) bring up groups of more buttons, which in turn bring up even more buttons. As was pointed out to me, this can get really messy as your number of top menu and sub menu options increases, as every button requires its own layer.

The third and fourth buttons are linked to much simpler pop-up layers which contain single text boxes ... these can contain any number of links to sub-pages within the site, to external URLs, or to additional layers. This appears to be far easier to manage. None of these links are "live" in my attached example system.

I'm working on a live site which will employ some tiered menus; it'll be a small site at first, but the objective is to create a structure which will allow easy expansion (more products and services) in the future. I'll post a link when the site is up and running ... target date is mid-July.

Thanks again for all the helpful feedback!
    Attached Files Attached Files