Well, I was able to do Gary's technique of using layers. I tried it out using simple shapes. The trick is you have to place the layers exactly on top of each other (the guides layer helps).

I haven't yet been able to convert pages of the comic book successfully because I was playing with the layers feature at the time and few pages are alike. Each page has about 3 layers and I guess there's no way to combine them easily. I could use the "ignore invisible options" but I still have to go page by page to figure out which layer is which. This is probably a good thing in case I want to make changes or in the unlikely event this goes to print.

Still, this is a great technique and allows Xtreme 3.2 users to do multi-pages. Thanks Gary!

I'm still getting the PKLite and other Acrobat error even though everything seems to work fine. I should look this up to make sure they are harmless.

My picture is on the profile. Hopefully it comes through this time so I don't have to keep writing Ceal alias Cecilia. This is for those developers who kept referring to me as "he". It's a caricature, of course. In real life I'm a dead ringer for Nicole Kidman.