Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Toolbar

Default Toolbar

My toolbar buttons are too small all of the sudden. Any way i can make them larger? I remember there was an option to set them as small or large but i can't find it. Xara Designer Pro+ 22.5.1.65716

Default Re: Toolbar

Go to Window/Control bars and select the Large buttons tick boxes of your choice.

This not increasing the size of the buttons. This is the option of selecting the toolbar of your choice. what i am after Boy is the ability to make the buttons larger, as they became tiny and hard to read

have you changed the resolution of your monitor[s], or changed windows settings
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    have you changed the resolution of your monitor[s], or changed windows settings
    No. Just happened this morning. All the toolbars and buttons just gone tiny. Is there any option in xara to correct this? All other apps are fine.Just xara.I owe a copy of xara 19 and this is fine. Just xara + have the problem

How about Window/Control Bars/Reset. It may change other settings too but should reset to normal size (fingers crossed)
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

If that doesn't work then perhaps you've unknowingly changed your display settings.

Right click on a clean area of the screen & select Display Settings from the drop down. Below is a screen grab of mine. Your recommended settins may be different.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	267.7 KB 
ID:	133361  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

xara claims that pro+ is responsive to windows scaling settings, which is why I asked if you had changed any - egg has very helpfully pointed out where the the basic settings are

thing is there is no standard for what you see across programs in terms of the sizing of UI elements - one set of windows settings may suit one progam but not another
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks everyone for all the helpful suggestions but the problem still there. Not a major issue as I can still work as normal, only a bit annoying.
    But I think it would be a nice addition for Xara, if there was an option to customise the UI a little more, toolbars, buttons, colours etc.... maybe in a future update, who knows!! At the moment the only thing you can change is the workspace, from light to dark and that's it. Even that it hasn't been thought with the user in mind. The dark theme is too dark and there is not much contrast between the background and the tools. A dark grey it would be nice. Something like Adobe photoshop or even WordPress.
    Enough moaning from me. I like to know what other users think about this. Or is just me

Quote Originally Posted by Andre7 View Post
    This not increasing the size of the buttons. This is the option of selecting the toolbar of your choice. what i am after Boy is the ability to make the buttons larger, as they became tiny and hard to read
    Well, perhaps you have another issue but this option definitely allows you to change the button sizes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	7.9 KB 
ID:	133364