Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Font pixellated problem

OK, so I ran a test. I took the Xara generated font, created my own html/css page with the embedded font - this reproduces the error:

.css (modified from Xara output):
    Code:
    @font-face {font-family: 'Poppins SemiBold';font-weight:normal;font-style:normal;src: url("XaraWDGeneratedHTMLfont2.woff") format("woff"), url("XaraWDEmbeddedHTMLfont2.eot?") format("embedded-opentype"), local('Poppins SemiBold'), local('PoppinsSemiBold');}

.xr_s32 {font-family:'Poppins SemiBold';font-weight:normal;font-style:normal;font-size:18px;}
    .html

Code:
    <!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <head>
    <title>Page Title</title>
    </head>
    <body>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="stylesheet.css" type="text/css" charset="utf-8" />
    <h1>My First Heading</h1>
    <p class="xr_s32">My first paragraph.</p>

</body>
    </html>
    which gives:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fontprob.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	6.3 KB 
ID:	130928

So definitely seems to be an issue with the generated web font. Am I missing anything? Has anyone seen a solution to this somewhere?

This is the what the ttf of the font looks like- you can clearly see the crazy characters:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fontprob.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	130929

Is there a settings page or anything I can modify to try and fix the issue from within Xara?

paco, I used Xara's Google Fonts Add to access Poppins and downloaded its 18 weights.

1. I then started with H1 and Normal and changed these to Poppins Semibold and displayed this, then doubled this and doubled again.
    2. I Grouped all three text areas and rendered.
    3. When you group and then change Group images > separate images, you get the Font exported (no images).

No pixelation whatsoever @500%

My TTF renders all styles, weights and sizes without any funnies.

I would remove Poppins from Windows an re-install it through Xara.

Sorry but your chop out code is no good in reproducing anything. We really need a design file.

If really desperate, Convert (all the text) to Editable Shapes.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sorry for not posting a design file - I know how annoying that can be. The file is quite large and as it turns out wouldn't have helped.

So in the end I managed to figure out what the issue was. I was originally working on one computer, which had the fonts installed. I then switched to another computer, which didn't have the Poppins google font. When I exported from that second computer I got the message about non-standard fonts and it exported the crazy .woff font file. Interestingly I didn't get an error about the fonts not being installed. Maybe Xara just figured it would have a go at what the font should look like?

I then installed the font via Xara and the non-standard font warning didn't appear and it looks fine.

Thanks again for all your help and suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Sorry for not posting a design file - I know how annoying that can be. The file is quite large and as it turns out wouldn't have helped.
    So in the end I managed to figure out what the issue was. I was originally working on one computer, which had the fonts installed. I then switched to another computer, which didn't have the Poppins google font. When I exported from that second computer I got the message about non-standard fonts and it exported the crazy .woff font file. Interestingly I didn't get an error about the fonts not being installed. Maybe Xara just figured it would have a go at what the font should look like?
    I then installed the font via Xara and the non-standard font warning didn't appear and it looks fine.
    Thanks again for all your help and suggestions.
    paco, all understood and I'm glad you are up and running.

We really appreciate you explaining what went wrong. This really helps the others who may follow.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat