Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Re: Uploading newly saved website

bob, then the answer is you are publishing to an area that is not the same as the URL you supplied.

In Web Properties > Publish > Other web host (via FTP), the dialog needs your login details and with those you can open into your area with the Explore web space button.
    You can check files against the FileZilla folders and destination you have got and work out where the new site has ended up.

If the site is not active, you could use CPanel, FileZilla or Explore web space to delete all files from the upload area and republish. Do so only as a last resort.

I assume you do not have a server cache running, e.g., CloudFlare.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Good Morning Mr. Acorn,
    I do notice when I preview changes to my website, I can see all the changes I've made. Even when I preview each individual page I see each page with new changes I've made. It's only when I save everything and publish is when I don't see the new changes. I have never had this happen before. Mr. Acorn, what you say sounds very logical to me. I am going to use your instructions to see if I can find the problem. I thank you all so much. I've always felt you all was here to help.

bob

Hello again all,
    Mr. Acorn I think I did as you suggested and went to Explore Web Space. While I did not know exactly what I was looking for, I did notice that the files here did not match the files in my cPanel, and in particular, the files in my cPanel did not show the pages updates. My cPanel showed files were last modified Sept 6, 2018 and I actually made changes on all 4 pages of this website right after I got home from church Sunday, Sept 9, 2018. I don't know what to do from here. Can you suggest what I should do next sir cause I am stumped.

bob

Are you, or have you tried, publishing the entire site after changes instead of just publishing changed files? If not, try a complete upload to the server.

Hello Mr BKJohns,

After saving the updated/saved changes to the website I then re-publish, as far as I know, the entire website over and over again. I am going to re-read all of the Xara info on publishing websites. My situation is like saving and publishing to a website that is different from the one being published. Very strange.
    As I've said earlier, I have never had this problem before and it's a vexing one. Thank you very much Mr. BKJohns I appreciate your input as well.

bob

bob, what we usually do in these circumstances is ask for you to upload your design file to TalkGraphics. A TGer then is usually kind enough to publish it to their domain as a sub-site to "prove" it is as you are seeing in its Preview.

To do all this click the Reply to Thread button here then under the new Post, click its Go Advanced button. From there, there is an attachment icon for you to select your design file (WEB/XAR) and upload it.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Mr. BK Johns,

Yes I have and I've tried "Ctrl-F5" a number of times, all to no avail. As I've stated with my very limited knowledge, I seem to be saving changes to the website in one place, but publishing to another place. When I review either pages or the entire website, I can see all of the changes I've made to the website. However, when I save then publish this 4 page website, the old version and not the new saved version shows up. I've been working on this problem all day so far. I sure do thank you for providing help. I really appreciate.

bob

Hi Bob, to make sure you are exporting your site to the right location, in FZ check the local files location and make sure that when you export your site from Xara it is going to that same location

Good Morning Mr. Jamesd,
    I did use FileZilla, but really did not know what I was doing and I am really afraid to delete anything and start over. Sounds like you are familiar with FZ. Can you explain this a little clearer so I can get it please? You all have hit the nail on the head, I just have to figure out how to clear this up.

bob

Quote Originally Posted by musicmanrobert View Post
    I seem to be saving changes to the website in one place, but publishing to another place.

bob
    Well, saving and publishing locations should be completely different, but you do need to know the locations of each. I'm guessing that since you use Filezilla that you are from within Xara WD exporting html files to your hard drive and then publishing them to the web server with FZ rather than using the Xara built in uploader. Is that correct?