Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Can't publish to Xara hosting

I have had Malwarebytes blocking the Xara hosting site today. I tried to set up an exception in MWB but it said that the URL format was not recognised. I had to exit MWB so that I could upload; it then uploaded with no issues.

I explained this in your other thread. Something on the servers or setup on xara.hosting is causing Malwarebytes to block any site with that domain. So Magix have taken the entire domain offline while they sort out what is going on.

On Lake Couchiching near Orillia, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I explained this in your other thread. Something on the servers or setup on xara.hosting is causing Malwarebytes to block any site with that domain. So Magix have taken the entire domain offline while they sort out what is going on.
    First thread from me on this topic, Gary. I did ask in #5 if that explained the odd message I received.

Thanks for your continuing help.

Something else is going on here. I put the new web on a thumb drive and using my laptop successfully published to both the Magix site and my own server space.

My desktop, where I cannot publish, is running Windows 8.1, while the laptop is running W. 10. Both are up-to-date with Xara: 12.4.1.47518 DL x64 Nov 17 2016.

The version on my desktop does not display the gallery widget correctly, showing the instruction page where the thumbnails should appear, not will it preview (or publish). Perhaps a reinstall is in order?

I have changed nothing since I returned from vacation, but of course security software is fooling with the system constantly.

Windjammer, did you run as Admistrator?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Windjammer, did you run as Admistrator?
    I believe so, Egg. I try to, always. Is there a way to check in the program?

This is a new issue since I returned from vacation. The program has run fine on the desktop since last April, until the end of December.

I believe the issue with xara.hosting is fixed though I have not received an acknowledgement from Xara.

I published a few pages last evening and previewed with no blocking by Malwarebytes.

I, too, published yesterday from my laptop to xara.hosting. My desktop has the issue: "Unable to find the filter to import that file with."

I believe so, Egg
    It's quite simple to do, just right click on the Xara launch icon & select 'Run as Administrator'. You only need to do this once. Just mentioned it as you said you'd re-installed the progam.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host