Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Drag & Drop Color Schemes? Really? How?

This is a quote from the Xara Help thingy: "You can re-color your design instantly by simply dragging and dropping one of these color schemes onto your page!"

I'm sorry but I just can't figure out HOW to drag and drop my color schemes. Can you do that on your Xara program? If so, how are you doing it, EXACTLY?

Mark

Default Re: Drag & Drop Color Schemes? Really? How?

Incedentally, Microsoft Office will let you really change the color scheme in a single click.

Hi Mark,

I thought this was covered in this thread

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg!

That is soooo kewl!!! Thank you! By the way, how did you get all those templates on your computer?

Mark,

The web templates come with Xara Designer X 365. Xara Web Designer 365 too as far as I know.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Perhaps it might help if you understand how to create a colour scheme?

Open the Colour editor.
    Click the luggage label tag to open the New named colour dialog.
    Type in a Name and click the Create button.

While the Name is still selected, pick your colour.

Repeat until you've a clutch of Named colours.

Save the file.

A time later, drag this file onto your open design and the Named colours are added.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

The help file recommends using the name 'themecolorscheme' as part of the filename Acorn. I still believe this is valid. I've tried it via your suggested route and I can't get the named colours to import. Perhaps it's because I don't have any shapes using the named colours within my file. However if I name it themecolorscheme-1 it imports fine.

Once you are happy with your new color scheme, use "File" > "Save As" to save it. The filename you choose MUST include "themecolorscheme" as part of the filename. That is how Designer Pro identifies color scheme files – just by looking for that sequence in the filename. It's a good idea to also include the name of the theme to which the scheme applies. For example a new blue color scheme for the "Beta" themeset could be named something like "betathemecolorschemeblue.web".
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Cheers Egg,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Acorn and Egg, I think you are talking about two different things. Acorn is talking about colour palettes, and Egg is talking about colour schemes. Schemes and palletes are different things and they work differently. The schemes that come with the templates are very different from the colour palettes that appear at the bottom on the colourline. A while back I wrote a tutorial for the Xara Xone about this very thing.

http://site.xaraxone.com/tips-and-tr...rld-of-colors/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thanks angelize. I was in the wrong. i was explaining how to get started with colour palettes. Egg then corrected the direction with the need to name the file "..colorscheme..".
    In an nutshell (an acorn, of course), when you have a collection of Named colours in a file with such a name the dropping of another colour scheme file with the same Names with different tints and colours simply overlays the new colours onto the same Names, causing a a block replacement. I had thought that colour scheme files may have shapes but they were blocked form being imported so only the Named colours transferred in. In my simple manner, I created Named colours without any associated shapes and saved as a normal Xar file and had used that. It seemed to work for me but I'm probably behind the curve.

Acorn