Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New here - Anyone else used Serif WebPlus X8 before Xara Web Sesigner ?

/\ Title should be Designer not Sesigner

Been using Serif WebPlus for years and its been a good ride BUT I am seriously thinking of moving over to Xara web designer 11 for some extra features (like sticky objects etc) and the fact it seems (from demo) to be easier to make a mobile version of my website. There are some concerns like not having built in forms like WebPlus but overall it seems good.

Anyone moved over from Serif WebPlus X8 and if so what is our opinion ?

Default Re: New here - Anyone else used Serif WebPlus X8 before Xara Web Sesigner ?

Welcome to TG John. There have been quite a few new members recently who have made or are thinking of making the shift from WP to Xara Web Designer.

Not sure if you already have but you can download a free trial of XWD that let's you play around with a fully featured version for a month.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: New here - Anyone else used Serif WebPlus X8 before Xara Web Sesigner ?

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Welcome to TG John. There have been quite a few new members recently who have made or are thinking of making the shift from WP to Xara Web Designer.

Not sure if you already have but you can download a free trial of XWD that let's you play around with a fully featured version for a month.
    Thanks yeah I have BUT its not fully function there is a lot you cannot try

The program should be fully functional but the designs content is limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    The program should be fully functional but the designs content is limited.
    Yeah I had very few designs to try and forms would not work etc.....

Still looks good though from what I did try.

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Trial copies are fully functional. But Web Designer is not a HTML editor so you cannot import a website you created in Serif WebPlus. You can import a page from the web and it will come in more or less with content in place, but you can only open .web and .xar website documents.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics

Trial copies are fully functional. But Web Designer is not a HTML editor so you cannot import a website you created in Serif WebPlus. You can import a page from the web and it will come in more or less with content in place, but you can only open .web and .xar website documents.

I must be missing something as anything I seem to look at (charts, forms etc) say BUY when I hover over them and then a message to buy the full version if I want to use them ??

Anyway I know I cannot import my old website but I don't mind re-doing it as its looking tired anyway so a good excuse

Quote Originally Posted by John Young View Post
    I must be missing something as anything I seem to look at (charts, forms etc) say BUY when I hover over them and then a message to buy the full version if I want to use them ??
    It shows you what content is available and if you want to use it you'll need to buy a license for the program.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    It shows you what content is available and if you want to use it you'll need to buy a license for the program.
    Yeah I realise that which is what I mean its not "fully functioning"

I understand that you would like to explore the program with its full contents but all the artwork and other goodies are just files (.web/.xar) and making them available in a trial would mean that you would have working files in your possession even after the trial expires.