Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
the fact you had to ask means I must have done a good job.
Um, no: the fact that I asked means I'm obsessed with colour accuracy, Frances! How can anyone share image files if they're tagged with different color profiles, or our monitors are old(er) and as a consequence dimmer? Or someone doesn't calibrate their monitor?

This should be carved in stone: when something looks off on your monitor, don't change your art. Instead, change your view of the visual data. By adjusting your monitor, or recalibrating it or whatever.

When you change, for example the brightness, of a bitmap, unless it's a live, dynamic effect, the change is permanent and progressive. In other words, if you change the saturation, and then the brightness of a bitmap, you can't go back and change the saturation after the file's saved and/or closed. Changes to bitmaps are usually permanent.

So you want to make sure that what you see is what you want to save.

@Frances-can you screen capture a zoomed-in view of your lovely artwork? I'd like to see and validate that the extrude technique is indeed producing nice smooth alterations without harsh pixels edges.

TIA,

Gary