Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default colours for my forum

well i been messing about with my forum for some time,

and i would like some help in deciding what colour pattern to use??

**removed** is my site so far..

regards
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 21 March 2010 at 10:08 PM.

Default Re: colours for my forum

Welcome to TG Forums Martin.

Martin the vbulletin license fee is quite high, so I think you must have chosen carefully and probably be aware that the vBulletin theming/styling/skining community is huge - there are many place to get free and commercial skins.

You might also have missed the TG Forum Rules and Guidlines (which you received in your email on registration) about posting links to promote sites in your first post which can result in being

Topics of conversation and spamming rules

If you are genuinely asking for suggestions about colouring your forum and not just link-dropping/spamming , why not just post a screenshot, it serves the same purpose I think.

eg;
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	at-forum.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	131.1 KB 
ID:	70708

the site isn't even active, if you checked you would of seen this, so its not excatly spam advertising now isit?

and the fact that this website has nothing to do with my site, would most possible degrade my website within the search engines?....

the only thing i asked for was colour options and opinions...? i been working with vb for many many years, an of course i could go do the usual an ask vb.org but the problem with that is then everyone else with a vb forum that sees the post an likes it will most likely use the same colours, so it wouldnt be as unique.

For some great help with color sets, you might want to check Adobe's Kuler website.

Quote Originally Posted by cursor View Post
    For some great help with color sets, you might want to check Adobe's Kuler website.
    thanks cursor :-) checking it out now!

[edit] bloody brilliant site, never seen that before, lol what sets do you like im liking the fresh money

There are WAY too many quality combinations to try to identify my most preferred. Experiment with several. =)

still not found a good colour option, actually thinking of changing my logo also? to something more simple, it currently is something like this

if anyone has any suggestions would be greatful!

anyone have any good combo of colours i know there is that website, but if you check the picture of my forums, where should i dedicate thos colours to what sections??

Tried to figure out what purpose your website serves and then suddenly it struck me that maybe it has something to do with a town or village called ashford. So how about a colour theme that ties in with the ashford colours or the ashford football team or whatever popular activity team you have there. But since your website is based wholly around content and you don't have any, that's where I would focus my energy. The colour scheme isn't going to make people come back time and again, but decent, updated, vibrant content will.

I don't particularly like the lime green you've got on there at the moment, but that's just my personal preference. Reminds me of underripe apples that make your lips all pucker up.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    anyone have any good combo of colours i know there is that website, but if you check the picture of my forums, where should i dedicate thos colours to what sections??
    I have. write me pm