Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Shadows On The Wall

I was in the waiting room of the car dealer getting my 50,000 mile check up. I just happened to take a look at the wall and saw the shadows of a plant in a pot on the stucco wall and it gave me an idea, so here it is. Please critique, I was trying to get a dirty stained look on a window shade, not to good any ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shadows on the Wall A.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	134.2 KB 
ID:	72065  

Default Re: Shadows On The Wall

Very nice. The shadows would not be the same on the windows however. If anything the window would be a reflection of the trees casting the shadows.

Thank you Gary, I used a window example of an Italian stucco window that had no glass, just bars on the window with a dirty shade.

I like it.

My only comment, from a perspective angle...(did you see what I did there?)...is that the shade is deeper than the wall so I'd look at offsetting the shadow on the shades slightly.

Just my 2c.

Hey lads that is being a bit critical here, I like the feel of the graphic lets not get bogged down in the photo-realism bit. We are using vectors here not a camera.

I like the illustration.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Peter
    Post#1 "Please critique"

The upper right corner shadows interest me, I see a couple of disney characters

You might want to use some artistic license in interpreting what you saw. Make the blind cover only a portion of the window. This gets around the reflection problem that Gary mentioned. Nobody will ever know!
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blind.png 
Views:	122 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	72113  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

My apologies. I read the "critique" part as well & must have misinterpreted. I don't normally put my 2c in as I'm not as skilled as others here, but I know what I like & if asked, I'll offer an opinion.

If a mod could delete post 4 for me please? (I cannot delete it for some reason)

Sorry Ontos.

Please, I cherish all your ideas and insight. Everything said is so helpful. I am hear to learn and to advance my skills. I know I probably will never get to the point of making a drawing photo-realistic, but I will most certainly try.

Thank you all for your great advise and comments, that is what is so fantastic about this forum. I am learning so much, so please don't stop with the knowledge sharing which you all have. Sorry for rambling

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy Rat
    My apologies. I read the "critique" part as well & must have misinterpreted.
    I thought your observation to be both accurate and helpful, BG. I certainly don't think it was overly critical. I see no need to have the post removed.