http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/interac...ex_embed.shtml

I have a colleage who has collected a significant amount of complex data over a long period of time. There are specific intervals of time with unique data (snapshots of graphs basically) which need to be displayed.

The link above has a format that might accomodate the data my colleague wants access interacively.

The elements that are attractive in the BBC example are:
1- the timeline can be scrolled by panning sideways to access specific a time along the x axis.
2- once and era has been chosen, the major events poppup which give detailed info.
3- the condensed timeline "chooser" along the bottom is very cool but I think that would be out of the realm of easy implementation in WD6

Any ideas of how this could be done in WD6?
Each interval of time could be a unique page, acccessed by clicking on a color band on the opening page

I was thinking the new popup feature might be used and desireable because popup layers wouldn't be required; however, I'm not sure if mouseovers could be used to trigger them as done in the BBC example.

Could Flash animations created via WD6 or XtremePro be something to use in such an interface?