Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: WD6 - Snapping to grid

Some good innovative techniques here Chris!
    John.

Why thank you kind sir

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisBro View Post
    ... so am stacking the on top of each other, I have the snap to tool selected but it is a bit mmmmmmmmmm I dont know not really accurate
    Maybe you should try the Object Alignment tool tool instead.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	centre-align.png 
Views:	95 
Size:	119.3 KB 
ID:	70986

Lateral thinking Chris - I like it!
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by masque
    Has anyone else noticed a rather relaxed attitude towards snapping to grid in WD6, i.e. it doesn’t seem to bother. Also Object snapping seems equally absent, things just don’t seem to cling together as they do in WD5 or XX5.
    Is it just me?
    Derek
    I just noticed something interesting while attempting object snapping. For some odd reason, the vertex of my dragged item simply wouldn't snap like normal. While the magnet indicator at the bottom right of the application window would indicate that I was within range, I wouldn't get that snap to the target object's corner. While double-checking my settings, I realized that my hard disk drive was really cranking away. Investigating my Windows Task Manager > Processes, it became clear that I was running a virus scan at full speed (AVG gives the option of incremental resource allocation). As soon as I paused AVG, WD6 performed object snapping like a champ.

Might that be connected to your situation, Derek? Are you still experiencing problems?

Of course dohhhhhhhh

That works perfectly Steve much much easier

Thanks

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cursor View Post

Might that be connected to your situation, Derek? Are you still experiencing problems?
    I still find snapping to grid a bit lax. In Xpro5 if grid snapping is enabled dragging a rectangle across the page results in a noticable jerk (snap) each time it encounters a grid line. I only get noticable snapping in WD6 with the guides rather than the grid.
    I haven't noticed any unusual HD activity as you mentioned but there again I'm not using AVG.
    Derek