Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Default Re: Xara Web Designer 6

Quote Originally Posted by spondoolix View Post
    antimix,

I think that you can keep both 5 and 6 without experiencing any bad consequences. I have.
    I'm running both versions side-by-side with no problems. The only problem I am having with the two versions concerns source (.web) file cross compatibilty for a couple of my sites. At the moment I can't duplicate the problem which is why I haven't posted a bug report (if it is even a bug).

Very impressed with the upgrade so far.

I have XX5, but I got Web Designer 6 (needed it for an urgent job), and have found it excellent to use – there’s a lot to be said for having a special purpose app like this for such a specific task – simpler, cleaner, easier.

My first job for WD6 was a simple portal site for our churches' forthcoming food drive (www.hillsfooddrive.org.au) and while it’s not that spectacular, it is entirely functional and was achieved with minimum fuss in record time.

BTW: I did note that while I couldn’t find a way to put text on a curve within Web Designer, I could edit text on a curve imported into Web Designer from Xara, which then exported to the website as a graphic.

Fergus

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    BTW: I did note that while I couldn’t find a way to put text on a curve within Web Designer, I could edit text on a curve imported into Web Designer from Xara, which then exported to the website as a graphic.
    Yes, WD is a subset of Xara Xtreme. So it's easier for Xara developers to 'remove' features than add them.

Good day!

Can anyone help me?

I have a xara web design software and I would like to know if I can use a plug-in for cloaking links to the webpage I designed?

Thank You,

If by "cloaking" you mean hiding e-mail addresses etc., I believe that web designer does that automatically. No plug-ins required.

From WD5 Help Files ...
    Technical note: Xara Web Designer encodes your email address to reduce the likelihood that SPAM robots will find your email address from the web page. This requires Javascript to be enabled in the browser (currently >95% of browsers).

Is that what you meant?
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Default Xara Web Designer 6

I downloaded the trial version then bought it yesterday, great piece of software, need to know if the html code is optimized for browsers, the WC3 html and css validator did not find any errors, just in the youtube code, which is not part of xara, and my site is http://www.frenglishnews.com, thanks to webdesigner, I will be able to update the articles easily and the pictures too, so it is great!

Quote Originally Posted by pascal View Post
    need to know if the html code is optimized for browsers
    The resulting HTML is optimized to work correctly in following browsers:

Internet Explorer 6, 7 and 8
    Mozilla Firefox
    Google Chrome
    Apple Safari
    Opera 9 and 10
    John.

great! thank you, I meant optimized for better ranking and SEO.

Thank you, gracias, merci!

went to Xara looking for the price of upgrading WD5-6 and couldn't find any info. Does anyone here know what the cost is (in $) to upgrade?
    Patman = Patrick Mangner

Alzimers. What's that, I forgot. Growing old is not for Wimps
    My first created site harryshilltop.com

Hi Pat. =)
    Visit this page, then look at the Upgrades section ($29US).