Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Default Re: web designer six

Quote Originally Posted by katemoir View Post
    I can confirm what Derek says. The next version of Xtreme / Xtreme Pro / Magix Photo & Graphic Designer will have the same new look UI. Also the new web features & templates will go into the next Pro but not the classic version of Xtreme/Photo & Graphic Designer. Don't worry Derek, that wasn't confidential, it's mentioned in our site FAQs also.
    Am I the only one to find this extremely (no pun intended) disappointing? While I have purchased menumaker and WD5 in the past, it seems perverse to have integrated WD functionality into XX5 but then exclude functionality that many would have wished to see in that release (menus etc) in only the upcoming Pro version. As an on and off casual user of these products for more years than I care to recall (I'm one of the faithful band who started with Impression and Artworks) and who has upgraded all along the line, I can't see the logic - get people on board in XX5 with web features then abandon them at the next release?! I already felt a little that I had already paid for some of the web stuff in XX5 given I had already puchased WD5 (and websytyle etc before that)

Is it just me?

Fair comment..

Anyone from Xara or MAGIX care to follow up?

Quote Originally Posted by cursor View Post
    Black text on a charcoal background ... please ...
    In my book, that's just terrible.
    oh good grief yes, agreed, its awful

we don't all have HD monitors and work in perfect lighting conditions with 20:20 vision

ivory tower design ..... I do hope this is not in XXP6....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by pbready
    Is it just me?
    My situation is similar, and I feel exactly the same way about this news that you do. In fact, I just purchased WD6, understanding that if I want the upgraded web features, the only other way would be to spend much more to get Xtreme Pro 6. (I currently have Xara Xtreme 5, std.)

You are not alone my options, it appears, is to downgrade to XWD6 from XX5 or to pay the £200 for the XXP6 version to keep the same feature set. And that's a lot for the v6 export filter which is the only thing in the new version that is useful to me

I could always design in XX5 and export in XWD6 but that is an inconvenience to me and a financial loss to Xara

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I have decided that I am going to to wait until Xtreme 6 is launched before I upgrade. I am already using XXPro5 so the upgrade won't cost me as much. We know that XXPro6 will have all of the new web design features, but that's not necessarily all the new features that it will have. Perhaps Xara has some more new stuff that they are working on.

Personally I wish they would launch new versions of Xtreme and Web Designer at the same time so that we could compare the features of each and be able to decide which upgrade is best for our needs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thumbs down Re: web designer six

Quote Originally Posted by pbready View Post
    Is it just me?
    No, it's not. I agree with you completely if your interpretation of Kate Moir's statement is correct.

As a user of XX5 I would not be able to upgrade to XX6 and still retain web functionality. I would be forced to buy the much more expensive Pro version (for which I would otherwise have no use) unless I would opt to upgrade to XWD6 and to XX6.

The latter option would be much less expensive but I would have to start using two separate programs again (as during the period between the release of XWD5 and XX5).

This just doesn't make sense.

Hopefully, these serious comments (contributed from serious and dedicated Xara producte users) will have some constructive inflluence on Xara's marketing direction for XX6.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisBro View Post

I quite like the grey makes it feel modern and sleek dont know what you mean by the big tool bar icons can you post a screen cappture heres mine below.

Chris
    In Xtreme and WD5 you can accept large buttons for all, or just the main tool bar etc., or opt to have small buttons where required. At present we seem limited to large without the option of having reduced size shortcut control bars where required.
    Having a choice is just something I'm used to and hope that it isn't removed in Xpro6 at even if it is missing in WD6, which will become redundant for me in a few months anyway I assume.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scr.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	70949  

I think this is a trade-off for the current UI which calls on the external xaradark.cjstyles component which doesn't support this. Maybe later?
    I'd wager that if you were to use the old skin hack posted in another thread, these options would become available